looking for a good mp3 program

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BobTheFearlessFish

Jun 2, 2000
Nottingham, England
ive (quite) recently switched from using a mac all the time. to using a pc some of the time too. and i need a good mp3 program for it. ive tried using winamp and its very good except for one problem. it handles playlists in way that i find too simple. i want to be able to put all my mp3s in a library then create playlists within the program from that library. like itunes does :) . anyone know any windows programs that do this?

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
Bah. Winamp r0X0Rz, and that's a fact. Especially when you can get THIS skin for it! :cool:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I prefer Sonique www.sonique.com
I've got a SoundBlaster Live soundcard and my computer's sound goes out to a 300w JVC amp with a pair of studio speakers and a real big sub and I find I get the best sound quality with Sonique. Plus it looks a lot prittier :)

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Winamp = teh best

It only takes up about 1% of resources while musicmatch takes 10% or more and sonique is too slow, impractical and "wmp-ish", and I of course do not need to get into why wmp (windows media player) is a s<b></b>hitty mp3 player...

Get winamp, get some cool skins here or here for it, use the preset graphical equilizer, dl/install dfx for winamp and set it to 10 fidelity, everything else off. Should dramatically improve mp3 listening, does for me. :)

Hey zundy, I have an Acoustic Edge 5.1 soundcard hooked up to my 500 watt Klipsch 5.1s plus the s/pdif out on my card is hooked to a 25ft coaxial digital cable connected to the digital-in on my stereo receiver and then the stereo's dsp is set to let it use every speaker. So, when I play an mp3 I hear it from 10 speakers, 3 subs and about 900 watts of power. I know Ima be deaf by 30, but what a way to lose a sense! This is why sonique doesn't cut it for me, sound quality isn't as up to par, and neither is sblive, you need to upgrade asap. :)