PDA

View Full Version : DM-DruidWorks

Twrecks
18th Feb 2002, 03:23 AM
Your comments here:

QUALTHWAR
18th Feb 2002, 12:22 PM
Score was a tad off, but it was too late to make the change. Close enough.

lucifix
18th Feb 2002, 02:02 PM
w00t!!!!

Thanx for the review Qualth ;)

lucifix
18th Feb 2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by QUALTHWAR
Score was a tad off, but it was too late to make the change. Close enough. just curious, a tad off in which direction?

lucifix
18th Feb 2002, 06:22 PM
I noticed that the path nodes on some of your steps are broken.

yea about that. how can i tell if theyre broken in ued??? i suck at bots :(

QUALTHWAR
18th Feb 2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by lucifix

yea about that. how can i tell if theyre broken in ued??? i suck at bots :(

Don’t worry about the score; it went in your favor.

About the paths, here is what you do: You know the gray windows that surround your 3d view, top view, side view, etc? Well, right click on one of those gray borders. This will bring up more stuff and you’ll see “view.” Mouse down to view and then down to “show paths.” You’ll see the path line show up when you click on show paths. It’s a toggle, so hit it again to remove the lines. Here is something I made up a long time ago to help people place good paths:

Path nodes: Most of this is relevant to every map, but some of it is map-specific. You want to cover your map with as few nodes as possible to get the job done. On a level surface, place nodes no more than 700 units apart. For stairs and ramps, no more than 350 units apart. Place nodes at tops of stairs and ramps, and at corners. Don’t place nodes too close to walls etc, keep them out at least 50 units. You don’t need nodes next to player starts, lift exits and centers, jump spots, inventory, because all these act like nodes themselves. If you have to make adjustments around corners, trouble spots etc, then you can add more nodes if you need to. Check your paths after they have been defined by going to View, Show Paths. Blue lines are best, but the bots can use red lines.

fragswill
19th Feb 2002, 06:21 AM

lucifix
22nd Feb 2002, 02:07 AM
so, no comments on this pos?

AltImA
23rd Feb 2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by lucifix
so, no comments on this pos?

nobody come in user review

I guess there are other people like me...instead of linking to Nalicity main page, they link to the forum directly...

so they don't see the review

c0rn_m0nk3y
6th Mar 2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by AltImA

nobody come in user review

I guess there are other people like me...instead of linking to Nalicity main page, they link to the forum directly...

so they don't see the review

I haven't been to NC for a while, same reviews have been there a long time. I downloaded druidworks a while back cause the name sounded cool, I played for a while and enjoyed the map.
good job lucifix:D