masked detail textures?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Laff

Mar 12, 2000
i just got my 14th gold on rogue squadron 2...battle of endor consumed me for 2 days, now onto endurance.

btw i've got nothing to say about this post, just happy i beat that level!

just call me god. =D

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
Originally posted by Laff
i just got my 14th gold on rogue squadron 2...battle of endor consumed me for 2 days, now onto endurance.

btw i've got nothing to say about this post, just happy i beat that level!

just call me god. =D
LMAO, this had nothing to do with anything, but good job anyhow

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
and on topic then, yes thats normal, cause the detail textures arent masked offcourse, they are just a layer over another texture, so you indeed see them too on places where the texture is gone, read masked, as far as i know nothing you can do about it, maybe you could try to make a masked detail texture too, with the same masked pieces as the real texture, and then applying it, but thats alot of **** for something that only a few people will notice

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
No, because when the detail textures are stuck on top of the surface they are scaled down. (they have to be, if they were the same scale and size as the underlying texture then they'd be no more detailed than the origional one and the whole detail texture thing would be pointless)
If you want to fix it that bad, just don't have a detail texture for it, then save it in MyLevel if it is a standard UT texture.

Exodus-R

Oct 27, 2001
Syktyvkar, Russia
I collided with this unpleasant phenomenon. You can establish brush as 'Masked Decoration', to allocate all polygons brush and to add a flag 'Portal'. Flag bX2=67108864 for portals does not use DetailTexture.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
You don't want to go adding portals around your map unnecessarily, it'll just slow the map down. Also portals can easily cause errors if they do not zone an area off.