newbie question; What are RA and AFA?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
RA stands for RealAim, and to keep the definition short, it is a mutator used to bring the Infiltration experience closer to reality.

AFA is the Armed Forces Association. It is a clan made up of predominantly real life military personnel. One of our talented members, yurch, created RealAim originally, just for us to use, but it has become very popular with the realism crowd. We have a public server, and often at times people simply refer that to as AFA as well. Try not to get to confused. :D

Welcome aboard.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
someone should link to that post where yurch tells what it all does...

if you goto the afa2 server on the browser list it will automaticly download the newest version... if you want to play it alone with bots... then it will need a bit mroe work then that

it has the same feature as in the new coming version where you cannot aim through your weapon while sprinting

also it has numerous improvements such as making realistic scope physics and limiting to only one primary weapon

also grenades are more powerful and many other things

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
ra doesnt exactly stop rushing..you still can, but you're more likely to be killed.
what it does is change the stamina (no more superhuman olympic sprinters...it drains much faster), affects aim in different positions (crouch and prone are much more stable than standing), some stuff with scopes that i dont know about because i don't really use a scope..and lets not forget no aiming while sprinting.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
Rushing: the act of never releaseing the run key during an inf match. Sprinting, straffing, holding fire without aiming all for 5 or more minutes. Small stops to reload or type do not count against 5 minute time limit.

yes it stops rushing

you can do a little blitz every now and again... but thats real... you do it once.. then your tired for a while not constantly being able to do it

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
You can find it from the link in Yurch's sig (which is copied here. It has a readme with the changes. Please note that the version on the AFA server is often a newer version than is included in Yurch's sig, so you may have to delete it if you want to play online (which I highly recommend. Even you 56 kers).

However, there has been an ancilliary benefit to RA. It has attracted people who have a real desire for realism. This includes the AFA clan (which has mostly prior military members) as well as other realism focused people. The level of teamwork is higher there, and the use of communication is a whole lot higher than on most other servers. This isn't a specific feature of of RA, but mainly the community it attracts.

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Wow. Rogue, those are some really usefull tactics. Even though I use many of them online, I hadn't ever seen that pamphlet or whatever it is. Very good for team movement and the like.

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Which ones do I use? All of them that can be used in INF...I don't recall ever seeing flares in INF =0P

I dunno, I guess I just did them automatically from watching too many war movies and since I own at laser tag lol.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Code:
,   .     .
| . |     |
| ) ) ,-. | ,-. ,-. ;-.-. ,-.
|/|/  |-' | |   | | | | | |-'
' '   `-' ' `-' `-' ' ' ' `-'