-Elder Scrolls III-

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

farrp

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
I've been reading up on this game and it turns out that i'll need a very high-end video card to play it with all the bells and whistles. I was reading that some of the cahracter models are around 6000 polys. I've already decided to purchase some more RAM (right now I only have 128MB and a PIII 1ghz processor), seeing how I already have probs running INF at a decent frame rate. I will probably upgrade to about 384MB and I might just have to spend the money on a nice new video card.

Here's my question: I have 133mhz SDRAM RAM in my computer right now. Can I get that newer/faster RAM (DD RAM, or RD RAM), or will that not work with certain motherboards?? And if I can do it, then how expensive is it??

Also, Morrowind will be taking advantage of T&L technology (refering to video cards). What is this??

Thanx in advance for any help!
Kisel

DDR-RAM in general is not much more expensive than SDRAM. However DDR uses a different connector, so you cannot mix DDR and SDR. So you'll need to get a different motherboard for that.

T&L stands for transforming & lighting, which is part of the graphics pipeline. When a game makes use of T&L they mean they use hardware T&L, so that the graphics card (anything after/including the original Geforce) can do this part instead of the processor, which leaves the CPU free to do oter things. For more comprehensive info, check out www.tomshardware.com and search for transform & lighting.

farrp

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
I have an NVIDIA GeForce 256 AGP, do you think that uses T&L ?

Also, how good is my card? I got it about a year about and was told it was the best at the time, but I was never very pleased with proformance. Is there a better card for around $100-$150 out there.

Last edited:
Yes it has T&L. On how good the card is: If you have a Geforce with DDR-RAM, it is halfway ok. If it has SDR it really is starting to get old. Either way you'll notice the difference when upgrading to a modern card (GF3 or Radeon 7500/8500) with modern games. The greater the resolution you play at the more you'll notice.