So what do you think, will we See Inf 2.87 next week? Week after?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

When is Infiltration 2.87 to be shipped?

• Next Week (Feb 17 - Feb 23)

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Week After (Feb 24 - Mar 2)

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Sometime after that

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
Well since all that seems to be left for the team in regards to development for 2.87 is bugs to flatten out, do you think we might be seeing Infiltration 2.87 next week or the week after?

SWad

Papa SWad
Feb 7, 2000
Arkansas
www.pixelpopdesign.com
haha. smartass.

You beat me to it. You forgot the (TM) though. hehe.

Someone should do a thesis on the bitter affects a mod version release has on the community and the smartass-like qualities that ensue. :)

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
I havn't played 2.86 since maybe november(early) and just reinstalled it today. Now I played it...and now I can't wait for 2.87 either!!

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Patience seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life right now. 2.87 is the least important thing I'm waiting for. :)

All the things I'm waiting for combined are about to make my head explode though. :D

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
I can assure you guys that 2.87 is worth waiting for. I remember a few times when I have hopped on a 2.86 server recently only to initially think "Dear lord! Why did I ever play this game?". It's <I>that</I> cool. Scout's honor, beyotch.

farrp

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
My guess is the first of March, but I havn't seen the team posting must on the forums lately so they might suprise us. Anyhow, March 1st is a realistic date but that's fine with me. I can't wait to see what these silly bastards have got for us this time around.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
i'm guessing about the 3rd or 4th week of march for the download.... maybe even mid april on the outside.

after having been through at least 5 INF releases, there's one thing i've learned.

whenever warren, says it'll be released, or whenever you think it'll be released. multiply by 4.

he's kinda like the opposite of scotty from star trek... where scotty might say "it'll take me 16 hours to fix it, but i'll do it in 4".

Warren would say "we working really hard down here capt'n, we should be down in 5 hours." but the engines would still remain broke right up till the end of the season where he'd magically have them not only fixed, but completely redesigned.

;)

NikonStudios

Cpt. Lord Nikon
Aug 30, 2001
Belgium
users.pandora.be
If its not for the next week i'll KILL my self !!! Damm the .... Pfff Can't wait but hate allso Bugs (Please INF Team Hurry on fix'ing Bugs), Heheh Aahhhh Fiels good, Yep all good for a nother 3 weeks of waiting ;)

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
lol, good poll idea

I sure as hell hope it's out by spring break:) Even better, it would make a nice birthday present. Honestly though, I'd be surprised to see it before march. Actually, it doesn't matter much to me. I believe Unreal2 will be out soon, along with the mission pack for ghost recon. Both may have new editors for me to play with, and at that point, I imagine I'll be busy toying with them. Oh, I can't wait to get my hands on something better than unreal.
Jaymian

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by FiringAimlessly

- My vote goes to "Sometime after that."

Mine too. But i still hope... :D

Can't be said enough: Better a late stable 2.86 than an early buggy. Thx 4 the great work Sentryteam :tup:

TitanBlue :con:

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Useless intresting info

i'm not sure of the exact dates, but i went by the file dates on fileplanet...

Infiltration v2.75 --- > 2.80 Aporximatly 8 months (at least) between updates
Infiltration v2.80 --- > 2.85 Aprox : 7.5 months
Infiltration v2.85 --- > 2.86 Aprox : 3 months

Infiltration v2.86 --- > 2.87 Aprox : ?? presently 5.5 months.

statisticly speaking the average time between releases is 6.1 months. If we apply that to the date 2.86 was released we get.. march 3rd 2002. (for the CD's anyhow)

however... if we do not include the 2.86 patch which was released because 2.85 contained a number of bugs, and wasn't a true new release the average time between releases jumps to. 7.75 (7 months 3 weeks)

so if we do the math there... we're looking at the 2nd week of april... ouch.. hows that for a reality check