Specific Sides?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheRaptor007

Oct 21, 2001
Will INF ever have specific sides with specific weapon sets? I mean I could never get why 2 teams of people be killing each other for no reason. What, is the nation of black camo people launching a war on the nation of RussianT camo people?

I think with something like SWAT/Special Ops/UN/etc vs Tangos/CrazyMuslimExtremists the whole game would make more sense.. As in someone armed with a FA MAS and an FN fighting someone armed with an AK and a Desert Eagle would make more sense than people with exact same available weapons.

Ofcourse this would require many more new guns and models, and I dont know what the UT weapon limit is...

TheRaptor007

Oct 21, 2001
Um.. Its not classes, its just different teams...
But I guess its too much a change of theme for the whole game ot do that..

JUST BECAUSE A GAME HAS SPECIFIC SIDES DOESNT MEAN ITS LIKE CS! I mean... Is Operation Flashpoint like CS? No!

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Errr... all the weapons fulfill slightly different roles (IMO, anyway).

The teams wearing whatever camo doesn't neccesarily mean anything, does it?. I always figured them for mercenaries or special/irregular forces wearing whatever they could purchase in an expedient manner.

I like the A.N.Other soldier aspect of it. It makes it more "sim" like and prevents naff stuff like balance issues.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Originally posted by TheRaptor007
JUST BECAUSE A GAME HAS SPECIFIC SIDES DOESNT MEAN ITS LIKE CS! I mean... Is Operation Flashpoint like CS? No!

:rolleyes: Boy, that one ^^ is kinda wound up tight. I wasn't even gonna say CS. Were you, Keg?

And we all know that the best part of OpFp is it's single player mode.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Have the mapper specify, and let servers override it with either their own setting or let people use any weapon.