PDA

View Full Version : Piece Of ****!!!!

lucifix
11th Feb 2002, 02:13 AM
I keep getting an error on this new map that I'm working on. I dont know how you get a "screenshot" of the error messages and such or I would do that. But the 2 main repeating words in the error are "BOT" and "TICK." The error happens randomly. Sometimes it will do it before I spawn and other times a couple a minutes into the game............HELP!!!

Hourences
11th Feb 2002, 08:50 AM
printscreen button on your keyboard :rolleyes: then choice paste in paint and done

and you need the log, the error window sux, the log is leet
editor.log system map ut

Zarkazm
11th Feb 2002, 10:15 AM
Is it a crash or just an error in the log? I think lack of botpaths causes it...

Chrysaor
11th Feb 2002, 11:09 AM
Do you have a playerstart in the map...one that's collision radius wouldn't prevent it from working...

lucifix
11th Feb 2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Zarkazm
Is it a crash or just an error in the log? I think lack of botpaths causes it... yea its a crash.....

lucifix
11th Feb 2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Chrysaor
Do you have a playerstart in the map...one that's collision radius wouldn't prevent it from working... i have a few in it, not sure about their collision radius tho....

LXIXGTO
11th Feb 2002, 03:26 PM
QUOTE]The error happens randomly. Sometimes it will do it before I spawn and other times a couple a minutes into the game............HELP!!![/QUOTE]
Not sure if this is your problem or not Lucifix but...
... I have had similar problems when I accidentally placed
a player start outside the map area or inside a solid.
At first the map would play fine but then when someone would
try to spawn from the troubled player start the engine would lock up.
Usually happens when I forget I had the player start highlighted
when I moved another actor. :lol:
Here try this:
Highlight one player start and then click "select all player start". Now, go to the gray bar up top and
right click and chose the "radii view" for the actors.
Now that they have the collision radius circle the selected actors should be easier to see. :)
Hope this helps. :D

:biorifle: http://lxixgto.tripod.com/lxixgto/ :biorifle:

:cool:

The Twiggman
13th Feb 2002, 06:45 PM
I made me a nice CTF map for 2 days and when i was getting ready for the final flaming touch i run the map and wang. A freakin error telling me that the screenshot is not there and it wouldnt let me open my map up. WANG to this cruddy error, at least im not the only one it happened to. BTW did you dent your comp when that happened cuz mine is sure warped now.

Chrysaor
13th Feb 2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by The Twiggman
I made me a nice CTF map for 2 days and when i was getting ready for the final flaming touch i run the map and wang. A freakin error telling me that the screenshot is not there and it wouldnt let me open my map up. WANG to this cruddy error, at least im not the only one it happened to. BTW did you dent your comp when that happened cuz mine is sure warped now.
huh?

The Twiggman
13th Feb 2002, 08:48 PM
Dont ask what i wrote, im just as stupid as you think i am and then some, im new at mapping and just like to make maps out of nowhere. And then the screenshot made me mad. By the way nice picture Chyosaor, Samuel El Jackson rules man! All the way USA and CANADA for my sake.

lucifix
14th Feb 2002, 07:24 PM
Here is the error. Please help me!

The Twiggman
14th Feb 2002, 07:58 PM
I think I had the same thing happen to me when i was fiddling around with the autocannons and monsters, It would play for about a minute and then crash with an error starting with pawn somthing or another. Thats about all I know.

NOTE:And my post before about the screenshot thingy has nothing to do with what you are talking about because I just re-read the thread.

lucifix
14th Feb 2002, 08:55 PM
come on people........HELP! i could have it ready for testing in a few hours if it wasnt for this error........

lucifix
14th Feb 2002, 10:01 PM
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE! HELP!!!

lucifix
14th Feb 2002, 10:56 PM
Chrysaor?
Bot_40?
Hourences?

Laff
15th Feb 2002, 01:24 AM
stfu if no one is answering. i bet when you saw the new icon next to this post you were expecting something useful weren't you ;)

StoneViper
15th Feb 2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Chrysaor

huh?
he said WANG

lucifix, do a "paths define" in the command line, then open the log file somewhere in ut/system directory (i don't know the name of the file), and post it here, take note of any "warnings" that come up

also try... open your log file right after getting the error, and post it here

Bot_40
15th Feb 2002, 05:20 AM
I'm at a loss, never had this error before. You should post your ut log like stoney said.

Call me Erdrik
15th Feb 2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Bot_40
I'm at a loss, never had this error before. You should post your ut log like stoney said.

Zarkazm
15th Feb 2002, 12:10 PM

lucifix
15th Feb 2002, 05:53 PM
I'm at a loss, never had this error before. You should post your ut log like stoney said. uh could you explain how to do that? I really dont have a clue what you are talking about.

I dont have any path nodes in the map and all the player starts are in open areas.........damn map.........

Bot_40
15th Feb 2002, 06:03 PM
Just after UT crashes, go into your UnrealTournament/system directory and open UNREALTOURNAMENT.log in notepad. Copy it into a post (not all of it, just the bottom 20 lines or so, it should say something about the error there.)

lucifix
15th Feb 2002, 07:03 PM
I think I may have fixed it. I redid the player starts, theres 10 but I'm aiming for 15. I also "created a new path network" or whatever its called. And played 2 matches, one in spectator, and the error didnt happen......

lucifix
15th Feb 2002, 07:04 PM
Just after UT crashes, go into your UnrealTournament/system directory and open UNREALTOURNAMENT.log in notepad. Copy it into a post (not all of it, just the bottom 20 lines or so, it should say something about the error there.) If it happens again i will do that.

Evil_Cope
15th Feb 2002, 10:06 PM
im pretty sure that if you dont build pathes every so often yet change major things suck as item locations or geometry then it can confuse ut pretty bad...

lucifix
16th Feb 2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by mister_cope
im pretty sure that if you dont build pathes every so often yet change major things suck as item locations or geometry then it can confuse ut pretty bad... ah, then that was the problem......

StoneViper
16th Feb 2002, 04:22 PM
sometimes i've deleted major geometric brushes leaving some pathing nodes there, then they dissappear in the 3dview. sometimes i've had to rightclick pathnode -> select all pathnodes -> delete and redo the whole damn thing.

in your case the problem lied in one or any of the things you deleted (playerstarts¿) where replacing them fixed the problem.

I've rarely gotton this message, and it has been a while since i've gotten it. now i do the pathing very last (almost) and use pathnodes as least as possible (only to fill in the blanks where no weapon, item, playerstart, etc is there).

For every "paths define" (or the rebuild paths button) you do, you should always check the log for errors or warnings (by clicking the button next to the commandline). note that all large maps will get a message saying something about the pathnodes reached its limit or something. i've ignored this message with no further problems so this isn't a critical message. and if someone knows what that means please do tell. it happens somewhere around 5000 world node count.

LXIXGTO
17th Feb 2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by lucifix
I think I may have fixed it. I redid the player starts, theres 10 but I'm aiming for 15. I also "created a new path network" or whatever its called. And played 2 matches, one in spectator, and the error didnt happen......

:cool:

StoneViper
17th Feb 2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by lucifix
Chrysaor?
Bot_40?
Hourences?
lol, i wasn't on this list!

Laff
18th Feb 2002, 12:39 AM
yeah...why's that funny? ;)

StoneViper