average skybox size?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
It doesn't make a damn difference what size they are. If it's a 256 cube then the textures will fit well, but outside of that....

Say, aren't you done with mapping?

LXIXGTO

"Cruising At The Speed of Iron!"
Most of my skyboxes are 512 X 512 X 512.
But like others say, it doesn't matter what size or even what
shape it is. Just use whatever works for you. But keep in
mind that the skybox and play area don't go by the same scale.
Therefore you don't have to make the skybox big enough to
cover the entire play area. Have seen that a few times before. :lol:

:biorifle: ** http://lxixgto.tripod.com/lxixgto/ ** :biorifle:

:cool:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I like to keep mine big, say 512x2048x2048, then there is plenty of space to add more decorative stuff in if needs be. I don't like working with small units :p

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Bot_40
I like to keep mine big, say 512x2048x2048, then there is plenty of space to add more decorative stuff in if needs be. I don't like working with small units :p

well as I said size isn't really important... *lengthy pause* .... just so long as its proportion right... I make 'im longer and wider than tall so that it actualy appears go off a distance before hitting the horizen.