Advanced Custom Key Binds

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Several people have been asking around about some methods of advanced key binding for INF such as how to have your player spring back to the upright position as soon as you release your lean key or how to bind a text command to a key currently bound to a action command. I have posted them on our {GD} forums for people to see. Check it out Here

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
thanks ghost

yuk bad colors on that forum hah...

also... i think automaticly saying your reloading is spamming to...
eh... some naders and such do it alot.. and that suuuucks...
if you have to.. at least make it manual... like something close to your hand...

i dont have CONTACT bound to my fire button (such as i think yogi does) ahh its so annoying... but i do have it as tab so i can do it as i shoot

{GD}Ghost

Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
I use it for "Reload" only because when actually working as a team (like few people do, even on AFA2) it is imperative that your team knows when you are reloading so they can cover you and/or continue where you left off. Yes, even naders need cover. I want to know when my teammate is out of rounds. However having "contact" bound to your fire key is just down right stupidity, for more reasons that I feel like taking the time to type.

btw: I'm going to be changing the colors of our forum soon. (having an admin change them, actually)

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
http://unreal.epicgames.com/UTConsole.htm

Everything there is to know about the console and key commands.

In the Unreal Tournament key bindings (type PREFERENCES to bring up Advanced Options / Advanced / Raw Key Bindings), you can associate console commands and other special input commands with key presses and releases. In the text box next to a key name, you can type in one or more console commands, separated by the "|" character. For example, to bind the "S" key to the "Jump" alias, type this:

Jump
That causes the "Jump" alias to be executed when th user presses the "S" key. For another example, if you want to bind a chat message to a key, use this:

Say "Come get some!"
In addition, you can bind multiple actions to a keypress like this, to make the "S" key both jump and say a message.

Jump | Say "Come get some!"
You can also bind an action to the release of a key by using the OnRelease keyword. For example, you can make the "S" key fire when it's released:

OnRelease Fire
Or you can make the key jump when pressed, and fire when released:

Jump | OnRelease Fire
Keys can be bound to any of the following kinds of things:

Any console command in the above lists.
Any key alias (explained below).
Any special input command.
"Special input command" refers to console commands which only make sense in conjunction with the press or release of a key, or the movement of the mouse or joystick along an axis. The special input commands are:

BUTTON <UnrealScript boolean variable name>, for example "BUTTON bFire": Maps a button to an UnrealScript variable stored in the Pawn class or any subclass. This tells the input system to automatically set the variable to True when the key is held down, and False when it's not pressed. For example, the Pawn script looks at bFire to tell whether the fire button is being held. The setting of bFire is not some hardcoded behavior of the engine, rather it is propagated into UnrealScript code by the input system, as a result of binding a key to "BUTTON bFire".
TOGGLE <UnrealScript boolean variable name>, for example "TOGGLE bLook": Like the BUTTON command, but simply tells the input system to toggle the boolean variable's value when the key is pressed.
AXIS <UnrealScript floating point variable name> <SPEED=some number>, for example "Axis aStrafe Speed=-300.0". Maps an analog input axis movement to an UnrealScript variable, scaling it by some factor. The current axis keys listed in the Advanced Options menu are: MouseX, MouseY, MouseW (Intellimouse wheel), JoyX, JoyY, JoyZ, JoyR (joystick rudder), JoyU, JoyV (joystick alternate axis for example the Panther XL trackball). Supported PlayerPawn axes are aBaseX, aBaseY (base movements which are translated to rotating, strafing, looking, and forward movement based on context), aMouseX, aMouseY, aForward, aTurn, aStrafe, aUp (not used), aLookUp, aExtra0-aExtra4 (not used). To see how the game code processes movement, see the PlayerPawn class's PlayerInput and PlayerTick functions.
In addition to the Advance Options menu, you can also bind keys from the console using the following command:

SET INPUT <keyname> <binding>
For example:

SET INPUT X Fire
SET INPUT Enter Fire

Grunt11Bravo

[AFA6]
Dec 20, 2001
US-Michigan
can't find infiltration user.ini

ok... I've been struggling with this for a while now.

I searched my UT directory and the only user.ini I can find is in the root of Unreal Tournament. I didn't see or find anything called Infiltration User.ini. No such monster in c:\unrealtournament\Infiltration, or c:\unrealtournament\Infiltration\system, or c:\unrealtournament\Infiltration\INF_System folders.

I found user.ini in c:\unrealtournament\system. When I looked at it..I didn't see anything that said bINFReload or button= or anything I had created as set input in the console.

What am I missing?

Last edited:

ShadowWraith

Jan 30, 2002
Lost...
Re: can't find infiltration user.ini

Originally posted by Grunt11Bravo
...I searched my UT directory and the only user.ini I can find is in the root of Unreal Tournament. I didn't see or find anything called Infiltration User.ini.

The System folder in the UnrealTournament directory is where all your .ini files are, INF or not. You're in the right place.

Originally posted by Grunt11Bravo
...I found user.ini in c:\unrealtournament\system. When I looked at it..I didn't see anything that said bINFReload or button= or anything I had created as set input in the console.

What am I missing?

Dunno what you're missing, but you should see a long long list of keys and the actions they're bound to (if any). I'm not at my home computer now so I can't tell you exactly what the file is called, but try opening up more than one .ini file and look around. I don't think it's in Infiltration.ini, but there should be one called user.ini or player.ini I think. This has your name, skins, default loadout, and key assignments in it.

If anyone is at their computer help me out and tell him the exact filename.

Hope this helps,
-SW

Ross MacGregor

AKA Dirk-(IF)
Aug 3, 2001
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
Grunt, sounds like you need to reinstall. Make sure you are starting with the proper INF shortcut. Inf needs to be run with specific command line options to function properly. This info is in the manual.

Ghost, how do I give my location. Where do I find this command? You know when you see these messages "(stairwell) <---- My Location".

How do you bind voice commands? Is there a FAQ or manual with these answers? I am not afraid of technical docs.

ShadowWraith

Jan 30, 2002
Lost...
Ross -

Those locations pop up only when you use a binded speech object, like "Contact!" or "Acknowledged." - They don't pop up in normal teamsay. Not sure if there is a way around this, but it would be nice to show your location when just chatting, eh?

Also, Ghost's link at the top tells you how to double bind actions and talking. Regular speech binding you can do through the INP button on the main screen of the game (where you set mouselook and sensitivity). There's a button that says Speech Binder - click on it! It shows up as "speech x x x" in the user.ini file, where the x's are the number combination associated with the speech. I.E., I think "Acknowledged." is "speech 0 0 0". I have mine setup on the * key, so it shows up in the user.ini as:

GreyStar=speech 0 0 0

Hope this helps,
-SW

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
no no... they show up in teamsay

the reason they ever DONT show up in teamsay is because that part of the map isnt zoned.... which is in alot of maps... which is the reason i never trust them and always give locations in my own words and compass usage

{GD}Ghost

Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Grunt11Bravo:

If you haven't found the appropriate file yet, it is in your UT System folder labeled Infiltration User.ini.

.....or you can always drop by since you're only a few blocks away from me and I'll show you.:)

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
GRUNT: If you've been looking via a word search rather than just scrolling down the directory window, look for InfiltrationUser.ini without the space...

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
i know i said it on afa already.... but if i see 2 or more people with that reloading things going over and over IM BINDING "IM WALKING" TO THE RELEASE OF MY FORWARD WALK KEY

you know ill do it... dont mess with me im crazy man... craaazy

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
That might help, actually... not only would it prevent collisions from rushers stuck behind you, but (and I'm almost serious) a regular teamchat spamming would most likely let everyone know where you are as long as you're in a zoned area...