I think I found my next ride.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
coolness incarnate
VintSpd-spyder.jpg

/me goes into "I want one,I want one!!!" mode

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
I like kit cars, it's the fun, less expensive way to get a nice car, wouldn't it be fun getting a Lamborghini for under 20k? :)

Also Shelby's 427 is a nice car to replicate.

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
I don't mind replicas.If I had a real Porsche Spyder(500,000 USD minimum...) I would still have a replica,to drive and enjoy.Thats what cars like that are for.to enjoy,not to display.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
American Muscle

Once you drive a REAL car....all others just fall short.....
`65 GTO
Original Pontiac Big Block
Tri-power
close ratio 4-speed
5.81 gears
p9290015.jpg

that kit car runs a VW air cooled motor in the back??!!
That`s diffrent!! :p

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
Rukee,that car is rear engine.
I've owned enough vintage American cars,hot rods,and customs to keep the fond memories flowing till I'm dead...I took a few rides in my friends 1949 MG and the small convertable sports car has a hold of me.Besides,I love Spyders and 356 speedsters.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Originally posted by ZenPirate
Rukee,that car is rear engine.
I've owned enough vintage American cars,hot rods,and customs to keep the fond memories flowing till I'm dead...I took a few rides in my friends 1949 MG and the small convertable sports car has a hold of me.Besides,I love Spyders and 356 speedsters.
Exept that air cooled VW motor is in the chassis backwards....most VW motors have the motor facing the rear of the car....that motor is facing the center of the car......meening you have to switch the ring and pinion around in the tranny housing......other wize you would have 4 speeds backwards and one forward!! :p

Motz

Registered Gun User
Dec 16, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by Rukee

Exept that air cooled VW motor is in the chassis backwards....most VW motors have the motor facing the rear of the car....that motor is facing the center of the car......meening you have to switch the ring and pinion around in the tranny housing......other wize you would have 4 speeds backwards and one forward!! :p

You're right about the ring and pinion reversal.But the aftermarket community for Volkswagens has all the needed parts.They use them in mid engine dunebuggys.Plus one could build a killer 2000cc engine with more power for a higher entertainment factor.Remember both the Porsche and Volkswagen were designed by Ferdinand Porsche.So the early ones aren't that different.

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
exactly.Though I can't imagine that car ever needing more than a 1600cc engine.It can't weigh over 2000 pounds.