Punk: R U confused, too?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
I gave Balton an impromptu 'punk' quiz in IRC and he failed, getting beat by Rukee and Lucifix. I don't know all that much about punk but I got these off the top of my head.

1. Which of these bands is punk: Dropkick Murphys or Nickelback?
2. Who is older: The Ramones, Bad Religion, or the Sex Pistols?
3. Tough one... If you were a punk, who sucks more: Limp Bizkit or Backstreet Boys and why?
4. Who released the album "And Out Come The Wolves"?
5. Is the German band 'Neu!' classic/old punk or early electronica?

Don't look them up... they're not that hard.

I'll post the correct answers after I listen to some Shakira.

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
Erm, lemme add some more:

6.) Which famous pop artist designed some covers for the Velvet Underground (I know that's "garage", but it belongs a bit to the whole movement)

7.) The source of the punk movement in London was a boutique led by Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren and...?

8.) What was the name of the jazz/art-rock band the main musician from The Jam formed after they had split up?

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
well i know very little bout this but it seems fun...

1 dropkick murphy's
2 ramones
3 limp buiscuit? cos they are unpolitical maybe. (<---guess)
4 dunno
5 electronica

6andy warhol?
7 **** knows.
8 no idea

Mxtrmntr

Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Questions 1-5: I agree with Cope, even for the "dunno" :)

I'd say Limp Bizkit too because they pretend to be "alternative" / anti-establishment, while they are absolutely MTV-ish like so many other mainstream bands. The BSB at least don't have such a "fake credibility".

btw, let's call "Neu!" krautrock :D

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
9. After much overseas success, a band from Australia recently got some credibility from the muscially close-minded public in the U.S. with their last two albums which mixed the punk and rockabilly styles... name the band.

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by BangOut
9. After much overseas success, a band from Australia recently got some credibility from the muscially close-minded public in the U.S. with their last two albums which mixed the punk and rockabilly styles... name the band.

er....

guess 9. Bush?

guess 10. er....um...**** knows.

S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by BangOut
I gave Balton an impromptu 'punk' quiz in IRC and he failed, getting beat by Rukee and Lucifix. I don't know all that much about punk but I got these off the top of my head.

3. Tough one... If you were a punk, who sucks more: Limp Bizkit or Backstreet Boys and why?

Don't look them up... they're not that hard.

I'll post the correct answers after I listen to some Shakira.

1. Drop Kick Murphys
2.The Ramones
3. Limp Bizkit.... cause the BSB know that they are lame
4. Rancid??? think so..??
5. electroncia

S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by Mxtrmntr
Erm, lemme add some more:

6.) Which famous pop artist designed some covers for the Velvet Underground (I know that's "garage", but it belongs a bit to the whole movement)

7.) The source of the punk movement in London was a boutique led by Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren and...?

8.) What was the name of the jazz/art-rock band the main musician from The Jam formed after they had split up?

6. Warhole??
7.???
8. don't know that one..but do you know the name of the band that the Jam was known as before... 5 words

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty

1)Nickleback at a guess but i dont know

2)Sex Pistols. Bad religion are much better but they are still around today and came out in the mid 80's.

3)the BSB suck more. Limp Bizkit are almost as bad musically from a punks P.O.V i would think, and are just as arrogant and annoying, but at least they write their own songs, play their own instruments and don't rely entirley on image to sell records. It's close though.

4) "Rancid". I knew that by complete luck as my friend ripped it last week.

5) Early electronica from the name but i dont know.

Mxtrmntr

Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by The Spiritwalker

8. don't know that one..but do you know the name of the band that the Jam was known as before... 5 words

hmm, dunno, and couldn't find anything about that...are you sure they had a different name before (or, are you sure we're talking about the same Jam here?)

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
3. Limp Bizkit's worse. They HAD good music, but then they went to rap. Their last album had 3 new versions of My Way, come on! At least the BackSeat Boys know what kind of sound they want. (notice I said sound and not music...)

S

SpiritWalker

Kevin Michael Allin..

here is a better ?

was he out of his mind??

or way ahead of the times?