I'm going to be a bit hissy for a while.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Just giving you guys warning. I can't stop falling back on the fact that the album backfired on me and I won't be able to get the new guitar, which means less guitar than I wanted on the next album (Check the latest news update on my website, in my sig).

So, my friends, now is when I will push a big part of this out of my system. Don't apologize, I'll get over it. It's mostly my fault anyways (I think).

Ok, I decide after doing a few songs and such that "Hey, I think I could do a full album". Well, I asked some people, and they said if I did it they would buy... Field of dreams sorta thing. Well, as I kept going, releasing all the mp3s of the work, people were like "Yeah yeah, I'll buy!". Such a trip. I get done, start taking pre-orders... and everybody is quiet. They have all the serious songs downloaded on the harddrives, while I'm stuck with 30 CD mailers, and enough stuff to produce 50 copies of the album.

This isn't just on the forums I'm posting - it's on campus here, and elsewhere (this is being copied to my 2 resident forum hangouts).

Funny thing is, now I'm a sellout money grubber who doesn't care about the fans. Fancy that. Not to mention the complaints I get about my website being on tripod... which I can't afford to pay a monthly fee, I go some months with cash and most without any cash at all. That's the way it works. I won't ask my mom to pay it either, it wouldn't be right.

So, I'm feeling a little better I guess. Not much though. I've tried to push it out, but it just comes back stronger than ever... I hate grudges, but this one just isn't budging at the moment.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
make the CDs... go pimp your website on music message boards. go to a independent CD store and sell some on consignment, send it to independent labels, send it to music magazines, send it to all sorts of indie zines, websites, all sorts of stuff. you'll get a lot more attention than by just selling it over a few message boards. send a plain burn to labels, and send your most professional looking one to magazines and zines, maybe you'll get a review or a interview.

try this magazine, their great: www.exclaim.ca

here is a good christian label, with lots of kickass bands (some industrial): www.solidstaterecords.com

you've got the product, now sell it all!! you might not make any money off of the 30 CDs you've made, but you might get some press.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Thanks a bunch MD :)

You back?

Anyways, I don't think this album is good for "sending off to the presses". I've got some goodies, but I've also got some crap. This next one I'd be glad to send... I can guarantee it'll be better.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Hey, I'll buy one... but I want an autographed copy of course :p

e-mail me with details.

P.S. you accept PayPal right?

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
yeah it's funny how when $$ comes into the picture all of a sudden supporters dry up and label you a "sell out". I never cease to be surprised to what degree people will go to take a advantage of something or someone.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by Thrash123
Thanks a bunch MD :)

You back?

Anyways, I don't think this album is good for "sending off to the presses". I've got some goodies, but I've also got some crap. This next one I'd be glad to send... I can guarantee it'll be better.

no problem:). i'm not back... you just sounded down, i thought i'd suggest some ideas to use your CDs. check your yahoo email, i got a proposition for ya.:D

and your album doesn't have to be 12 songs or whatever... pick the best 4 or 5, send them to a label as an EP. try rerecording them or something, borrow someones guitar. there's a lot of stuff you can still do, even with no cash. maybe you thought up all this stuff already, but if not give it a shot. and indie is the way to go... start talking on music message boards, and have a link to your site. probably only a few people will be interested, but that's a few more than you would have if you didn't.