Winter Olympic Games

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will you watch the Olympic Games?

• Yes

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I'm not into Pr0n

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Marginal

Banned
Dec 31, 1969
Don't fukc with me !
Visit site
I'll check hockey for sure ( Go Canada Go ! :D ) . But summer olympics are better , watching those -sometimes- beautiful creatures of God ( women :)) in swimming suits and doing gymnastics makes me all holy inside . :)

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
YUP! Hopefully they'll have good coverage. I saw that they will be broadcasting twice the hours than they did of the Nagano games.

Hopefully this time they'll show sports like Biathalon, Snowboarding, and curling, instead of weeks straight ice-skating and skiing.

-I_AM{skullface}

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Hey the olympics are being hosting in my city W00000T!

.....wait a second....I don't really care.

Let's see what do I get outta this? They're keeping us in school, and wouldn't even start a little late so we could see the torch go by. I can't go anywhere because all transportation will be closed or slow. Heack all that will change is that I'll be forced to watch the olympics.

Will I be watching? Yes I will, I don't have a choice.

<-- Winter Olympics freak

I'll be glued to my set for hours and hours. I watch everything...bobsledding, skiing, speed skating, and especially the figure skating (my personal fave). I watch every last second of the traffic accident that is the opening ceremonies.
Can't wait!

Last edited:

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
I enjoy the Summer Games more but I'm looking forward to Olympic Hockey.

Hopefully Team USA does't trash anymore hotel rooms. :rolleyes:

SU3000

Bringer of Fear and 0wnage
Jun 10, 2000
The Netherlands
www.carpeimperium.com
The only thing that pisses me off -slightly- is that it is in Salt Lake City, this means that I have to stay up untill very early in the morning, which is bad for my sleeprythm.

Damn you Americans and you silly timezones :mad: :(

/me shakes angry m0nkey fist.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
well, I like how the Dailt Show with John Stewart(TM) put the Winter Olympics this year

"Utah, it has a secret anthrax facility, and relaxed gun laws, find out why this could be the most exciting olympics ever" lol

but I am definitely gonna watch the hockey

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Originally posted by ILoveGuns
Utah, it has a secret anthrax facility, and relaxed gun laws, find out why this could be the most exciting olympics ever

It's funny cuz it's true!!!!!!

Opening serimonies = thumbs up.

Being in a different time zone shouldn't screw anything up. they never show the olympics live. Is what they did here when it was in sydney was wait till about 7:00 PM and then show us everything that was interesting (unless it's a saturday and then they show it all day long). That way no matter what time zone you were in you should be able to see it at a descent time.

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
Originally posted by TWD
Being in a different time zone shouldn't screw anything up. they never show the olympics live. Is what they did here when it was in sydney was wait till about 7:00 PM and then show us everything that was interesting (unless it's a saturday and then they show it all day long). That way no matter what time zone you were in you should be able to see it at a descent time.

Well being in Canada, we actually got to watch the Sydney Olympics live :). But figure skating will take most of the primetime lineup, even here in Canada :( I love watching hockey, skiing, ski-jumping and especially the aerials.

I'll mostly be watching the hockey this year. In Canada, it's all you hear about! I'm sure it's front page news in every paper in the country, hockey that is....and our expectation for gold, nothing less.

The opening ceremony was great :D Good job Utah'ns. And giddyup Yo-Yo Ma:p

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Already the coverage is ****.

Next olympics I'm going to get satellite just so I can actually watch the sports live, instead of watching chopped up highlights of the games 4 hours after they actually occurred. :(

For the love of god, why don't they have dedicated LIVE coverage???

-I_AM{skullface}

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I will be glued to my TV set.

BTW...when the Olympics are over,will someone send my some solvent :D

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
hey Skullface, you're pretty close to So. Ontario, so maybe you could pick up CBC coverage somewhere? See in Canada, TV isn't the biggest business in our country, so we don't need to make sure the 'big' events are shown in primetime only, and we actually have a 'live' broadcast of all the events. It's quite silly how that system works (I mean the fact that ppl are driven by $$$).

At any rate, if you can find a CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company) channel down there, watch it, you'll see nothing but 'live' coverage.