A$$hole administrator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PuppyShade

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Sep 3, 2001
Plick-ville
Visit site
I was playing on a server called cannibalistic leper's

They're were 3 clannies on there, {CP} guys...
i was having a good game when midian ( you'll see him if you clciked game) decided to kick-ban me..
I didnt auto-taunt, i didnt have a "robot" skin, i didnt say anything, i was just dominating them and I got kick banned

Soooooo lame, here's they're site you can see how they blatantly say " watch out ! he'll kick ban you !

END RANT !

Justin286

Smooth Criminal
Jul 26, 2001
Bk, Nyc
That happened to me once also.
It was just the two of us on the server and I proceeded to introduce him to the business end of my flak cannon.
Anyhoo, bots start coming in, I frag them, then they leave.
Really weird I'm thinking.
So after a while I just end up getting the boot.
It was only then I noticed that the name of the player is the same as the Admin. :rolleyes:

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
There was another lame admin thread recently... I mentioned a server I had played on where I had been kicked for no reason other than I was winning.

Now I can't remember which server it was... :(
here is the canabalistic Vegans one:
unreal://216.214.31.110
Here is Canabalistic Lepers:
unreal://65.116.86.200:7777

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
Originally posted by |PoT|FaRmErX
i was just dominating them and I got kick banned

If you were spoiling a game between friends then why are you moaning?

PuppyShade

Sep 3, 2001
Plick-ville
Visit site
Originally posted by CrazyCougar|BuF
There was another lame admin thread recently... I mentioned a server I had played on where I had been kicked for no reason other than I was winning.

Now I can't remember which server it was... :(
here is the canabalistic Vegans one:
unreal://216.214.31.110
Here is Canabalistic Lepers:
unreal://65.116.86.200:7777

CC, both of those are owned by the same guys.....Probably admin'ed by the same guy....

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Re: Re: A$$hole administrator

Originally posted by Ve7

If you were spoiling a game between friends then why are you moaning?
huh? If the server is advertised and not pw protected that means it's public.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Reminds me of my foremost UT-story :)

I came to a 'clan-server' (don't remember what) and it must have been the lousiest clan ever...
They played CTF on November when I entered.
I went for the flag, took it, wiped out any resistance, scored, all the time.
I was totally dominating, and I'm a mediocre player, so they must have been really lousy.
I had one of them on my team and three of them in the other, so we were 2 against 3, and my teammate didn't do ****...
Then when I had scored 7 times and the other team nil, I went for the flag for the last time, and in the meantime, one of them managed to take my flag.
I realised it when I had met him in the stairs in my (blue) base, but he was fast.
I chased him, and he moved like a total lamer, no dodgin nor defending hiself or nothing, but with my speed, so it wasn't a bot, I'm sure of that.
He went up the ramp, and I switched to the RL, he went down the other ramp, while I charged up 6 rockets.
I took aim at the far wall, and let go just as he stepped on solid ground. And to my amazement, the dork turned right, and walked straight into the shower from the sub, ka-splash-damage * 1000 and I returned our flag and scored.
Then, for no reason, my connection was broken.
Not unusual since I had a crappy modem back then, so i reconnected to the server, and was met by the password box...
:lol:I laughed for half-an-hour:lol:
The dorks wasn't only lame enought to be totaly dominated by an alone mediocre modem player, but they were so lame that they kicked me and password-protected the server. :D

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I'm not the greatest player in the world and I no it, so I probably won't have this problem. But I think it's lame to post a server to the public, then ban good players. I have a server that I run every once in a while, but it is usually with only me, my brother and a few other friends. It has a bunch of skins and voices and everyone on there has those and in the ut.ini. Sometimes I post it online as the SkaarjMaster Server and sometimes by IP only.

My point is that if it's public and someone joins and kicks all our butts, then so be it. No reason to ban them or anything. Also, since I don't do this very often, I wouldn't know how anyway.

PuppyShade

Sep 3, 2001
Plick-ville
Visit site
The really aggravating thing is they kicked me without warning, banned AND banned me. And I know it's because I was owning that nOOb {CP}Midian

( note to noobs: DONT RUN INTO THE PRESSURE ROOM OVER AND OVER )

THEN, i go to their site and they totally have this attitude which exudes in thickness unlike i've seen before, they make it a joke that they kick/ban players

PuppyShade

Sep 3, 2001
Plick-ville
Visit site
Originally posted by 8-4-7-2
Why would you like to play with such fruits, when you can have challenging games with BuFers? :)

heh, I think you know how hard it is to find a BuF'er to play with...

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
I have no trouble finding BuF'ers to play with... I've said it many times and I'll keep saying it.

Hangout in #pickupbuf as well. It doesn't hurt to advertise that your looking to play BuF'ers.

...and a BIG HELLO to all the BuF'ers lurking out there. See you online!

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
It's really not hard

Two other places to check out are:
#beyondunreal
#rsu

Tho you won't find many games in #bu it's a great place. In RSU we play a lot on our server. Tho it's Euro most Americans get a great ping to it

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
I played on their DM server and had no problems, even in my "1337" robot skin. ;)

It was pretty much a FFA spam fest with PU's on, not my type of playing, but I did what I had to. You can check it out here
game here

Other than some spammers and ****, it was ok. I'll stop back there and see if I can find the clan members. :)

-I_AM{skullface}

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I may have to check that out.

Might be a nice change of pace... see if any of you BuFers can hang...

Due to overwhelming feedback - robot skins that don't turn off auto-taughts will be kicked and eventually banned

That is funny. I don't even hear auto-taunts... I turned that §hî† off long ago. I taunt like it's auto sometimes though. I love the robot voice taunts. Nothing like a some friendly advice, "Step Aside" every time somone feels the brunt of my piston, or a "Witness my Perfection" when you get tellefraged by the master.

I do agree, being kicked without warning is hella lame. If they don't say something in game before they kick you, they are just cowards. Usually, that's when I change my name and IP, and go back, only kill the one person that was the admin, if in game, or just kill said clan members, following each kill with, "Objective Destroyed". I used to piss off some clans for fun... hunt people down in gamespy... ah, the good old days...

LittleFlower

Jun 14, 2000
NL
www.fce2.de
Blah blah. You are all elite. You are all heros. You should all be praised for bringing your ultimate skillz to this game.

Gimme a break.
That server belongs to someone else. They play as they wanna play. They can do whatever they want with that server. Everybody knows there are players that are better than them. (Except maybe one player in the world). That doesn't mean you always want to play against them. I enjoy close games. That doesn't mean all players should be equally strong, but it means both teams must be equally strong. Sometimes you join a server where you a way ahead of the pack, and it is easy to make cap after cap. Well, as soon as I notice that this is the case (not very often), I leave asap. Why stick around and spoil other people's fun ? If you are such a hero, why not go play on a server where everybody is better than you ?

Elite players like you spoil the fun for less skilled people and newbies. Pure egocentrical thinking. How do you expect these people to keep their fun at the game ? I don't think you are helping.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
LOL

You are missing the point. 9 times out of 10, I do leave if it's a total slaughter. I play this game to get better, and newbies don't get you any better. It's also no fun to talk trash to a newb. Half the time they don't even know where their chat keys are.

But if I'm on a server, first map on that server, and I am starting to off the teams, I don't usually realize it until I see the score. If there is an admin there, and he kindly asks me to leave, even without a reason, if he makes something up, or if he just says, you're offing the teams, or whatever, I'll leave. I don't have a problem with that.

My problem is when they just kick you and don't tell you why. It's not about what server belongs to who, and these punk ⧧êd ßî†chê§ who can't do any good in the game, so they feel this need to have this god complex as soon as they do have something that they control, like having admin rights to a server, and abuse that power, 'cause it's some li'l kid who's never been able to do that before, and has no courtesy or etiquette. Yea, it's his server, and yea, he can kick you if he wants to, but it's not about that. It's about etiquette. It's impolite. It's immature.

It's like the freedom of speech, yea, you have the right to say anyting you want, but somtimes when you abuse that right, and just mouth off to people, they get pissed. Same **** here. You in school? Next time your professor gives you some **** to do, or your High school teacher depending on how old you are, tell him to **** off, and they give him the first amendment speech, see how that goes over. ..."but it's my server I can kick whoever I want to"... yea, right...