PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall Umods and what mods are must haves?

Amik
2nd Feb 2002, 02:51 AM
Ignore the question on uninstalling umods. Blech, just figured that out on StrikeForce and forgot it had a removal program. Anyway, I was wondering what mods I should get? I have Rocket Arena, ChaosUT GOTY, Head Hunters, Arena Match, and I think that about covers them all. I was wondering what mods should I get that are the most popular and the most played? If you guys are going to tell me Unreal4Ever please point me to a working link of the appropriate file. I'm getting confused for some reason and then get install errors. I'm more of a DM/CTF/Last Man Standing/DoM type person so realism mods are out, may as well not even mention them to me. I'm going to uninstall Strikeforce after posting as a matter of fact. Anyway, thanks for helping this n00b out. I'm having a blast again and it was so great relaxing to about 10 games of CTF tonight, just truely addictive. I don't even want to play Motorcity Online anymore because that's just boring ;).

hal
2nd Feb 2002, 10:30 AM
I'm surprised you haven't tried Jailbreak! It's extremely well done. The premise is this:

Two teams, each with a base containing a jail for the other teams players. When a player is fragged they are sent to jail (with any others on their team who are killed). The team that ends up all in jail loses. The catch is that there is always a switch or a way to "break" your team mates out of jail!

It's very fun, and even has great bot support.

I was going to point out that Tactical Ops was one of the most popular mods for UT, but since it's a realism mod .... I won't! :D

Amik
2nd Feb 2002, 04:23 PM
hehe, thanks for the information on Jailbreak. I'll have to check that one out for sure, sounds like a blast. Sorry I don't like realism mods more, for some reason I just can't get into them. Maybe Medal of Honor I'd like more since that game is built around them but the mods I can't really get into. Anyway, off to download Jailbreak. =)

pine
2nd Feb 2002, 05:54 PM
MONSTERHUNT :D

Although this mod's biggest drawback is that it relies heavily on having good maps made custom for it, and the only good Monsterhunt maps really are the ones that come with it, which is only like 6 or 7.