PayPal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
This sucks

I want to buy this 287INF CD but I’m having a problem at GayPal

I bought something a long time ago but I can’t log in. So I created a new account at PayPal but it says I can’t use my credit card because it is assigned to another account: that other account it is talking about is my old account.
Problem is, I don’t know the email I used. The funny thing is, I’ve only had three email addresses in my life, and the payPal support insists that I used another email. I called my ISP @home to see if I had another email addresses, but they said no.
So basically I can’t use PayPal for another 4 years till my old account expires, or unless I can remember this old email address.

Is there another way to buy this disk?

mute_dammit

Just mute, dammit!
Sep 11, 2001
I have the same problem, except that I probably no longer even own the email address I used with paypal. Any message they send is destined to bounce. Daddybone had mentioned something about COD and cashier's checks a while ago, but I haven't seen any news on that.

I've played this mod for... dunno... 2 years now, and I think I owe at least this much to the team that created it. Wish I could buy a CD.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Same here man, I’m on a cable I don’t need the disk, but it’s the least I can do.
Actually the real reason I want the disk is that it might be worth big money to an inf-collector when this mod gets Huge :D Just kidding.

Honesty, I look at it this way, If enough people buy the 287 disk, maybe the team can quit their regular job’s and do this full time and well all get updates even faster.
Anyway, I think you can send a check to PayPal? That’s my next move.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Thanks for that link cl0secall :)

From what the support rep said, my old account has not been active in over a year, which is when I bought a hard drive from some one:
Either way, their support really F…cking pissed me off and It takes a lot to piss me off. They are telling me that if I can't remember the old email address, that there is nothing they can do. Well I called my ISP and they said the same exact thing I kept saying: My ISP said that I have never had any other email addresses, just as I have been saying all along.
Well PayPal insists that I did have another.
After this Paypale rep mentioned that they have no way of verifying credit cards, that’s when I knew to just stay away.

I’m really surprised the INF store is even using them.

Last edited:

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
You know, some times servers make mistakes and emails and user info can get corrupt, it happens all the time. PayPal doses and WILL NOT verify a credit card.
If you were to call Ammozon.com, they can fix an account, but PayPal can’t. I even tooled them to close my old account down and they will not. If someone calls a company saying that they have a number to a card that is attached to another account, that in itself should be enough incentive to close an account down or at least investigate, but they will not.

Any Co, that can’t verify a credit card, is unprofessional.

Last edited:

PROMAGNUM

HaloBender
Jun 26, 2000
LACAUSA
www.Promagnum.com
streams,why are you buying an inf cd anyhow?
*little note about paypal, I guy that was hosted by a company I know of copied there entire website, bought a domain named www.paypel.com, set up the website exactly the same,scripts and all, then sent out a massive mailer to those using paypal via Ebay, saying, "it is time you renew your credit card information with us here at PayPal, please follow the link below to complete your account verification,etc,etc." the link went to www.paypel.com/whatever form page and the guy got over 50,000 peoples Credit cards.
And how I know this is, we have had over 3,000 orders from these stolen cards. Not to mention I think they have had there databases stolen numerous times.

Last edited:

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Well thankfully I never got an email like that, and I only bought one thing from them. Anyway, my card is protected, so if someone uses my card and I say that it wasn’t me, I don’t have to pay $hit. Actually that is a law now.

Anyway, I’m done with paypal, I was just trying to support the mod and I thought it would be kind of cool to see what the disk looked like, that’s all