PDA

View Full Version : New tetures later today

Fordy
1st Feb 2002, 08:23 AM
Hi

Just letting you guys (n gals) know im releasing a texture pack with an industrial theme on my site later today, so stay tuned :)

Heres a sample...

http://www.planetunreal.com/fordy/images/newtextures.jpg

Hourences
1st Feb 2002, 11:24 AM
shot looks cool, gimme the pack :)

Lruce Bee
1st Feb 2002, 01:48 PM
Here Here - I'm making a request right now Fordy

Lruce

Fordy
1st Feb 2002, 01:59 PM
heheh , well iv added some more textures & uploaded it to FilePlanet, however, filePlanet wont regeister the new file for a while...so im already to go, but stuck waiting on FP ! Pile of Sh!te it is. :(

But if anyone wants it in the meantime, just email me & i'll send you it. (1.24 Mb)

Hourences
1st Feb 2002, 02:18 PM
hourences@pandora.be :)

fp=fuxxored
you did upload it with the html script thing right ? not by pasting it in the map in ftp

Fordy
1st Feb 2002, 02:23 PM
The scrip uploads a little but never makes it past 60% without timing out. I must have tried about 50 times now, so I gave up & used FTP.

AMmayhem
1st Feb 2002, 02:25 PM
I'll take a look, maybe they'll give me an idea for a map.

ammayhem50@yahoo.com

fallonme
1st Feb 2002, 04:53 PM
fallonme@lycos.com

if you don't mind...

Luggage
1st Feb 2002, 08:12 PM
Me me me me me me me!

luggage@planetunreal.com

Fordy
1st Feb 2002, 08:19 PM
You can get them over at my site now, I managed to get the file registered just 15 minutes ago! Go get em floyd! :D

Nice sig : "Ued is like a girl's private part: really stinks sometimes, but I'm still addicted to it. "

Personally I find em to rather like Kebabs smothered in chilli sauce.....kinda tangy, but nice nonetheless, or perhaps im with the wrong women? :D

Luggage
1st Feb 2002, 08:21 PM
downloading...
...that is, waiting in line. :\

Hourences
1st Feb 2002, 09:20 PM
not bad, the trim textures are cool, although you clearly rook inspiration from richrig :)

Fordy
1st Feb 2002, 09:32 PM
Thanks, yeah I do credit Akuma for 'Inspiration' with the girders in the readme.

Chrysaor
1st Feb 2002, 11:21 PM
Must be very popular tonite, i've got a 7 minute wait. I can't recall the last time i had to wait more than a minute ...

LXIXGTO
2nd Feb 2002, 03:54 AM
Cool! Thanx for the texture pack Fordy. :D
I have just started a new map based on the RichRig
pack and those would mix nicely. ;)

:biorifle:

:cool:

Evil_Cope
2nd Feb 2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Fordy
Hi

Just letting you guys (n gals) know im releasing a texture pack with an industrial theme on my site later today, so stay tuned :)

Heres a sample...

http://www.planetunreal.com/fordy/images/newtextures.jpg

i can hardly contain my exitement.

anyway, are they, like, reduced in size for that preview shot or something then?

@kuma
2nd Feb 2002, 03:11 PM
if you've got the 512x512 originals you should release them. They look kinda half-lifey... and use more photosource for stuff like that IMO, it would help to avoid the 'clay' look small handdrawn 'dirty' textures have

Evil_Cope
2nd Feb 2002, 03:43 PM
wow. i actually understood some of that ;)
i amaze myself sometimes.

and whats all this about angles anyway? obtuse or accute? :D

Fordy
2nd Feb 2002, 04:32 PM
Well they are mainly 256x256 and that preview picture has been reduced in size too. I dont work at 512x512 when drawing them and I dont really have any photosource piccys (because I have no digital cam :() hehe lifes hard when your on the dole, a digital cam was on my shopping list but now it has to wait.

@kuma
2nd Feb 2002, 11:00 PM
so you're working @ the rez the textures are going to be? I guess hand drawn stuff doesnt resize as well as photosource :)

If you want any PS give me a shout, I have more PS than pr0n now, which is just..... wrong

Chrysaor
2nd Feb 2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by @kuma
so you're working @ the rez the textures are going to be? I guess hand drawn stuff doesnt resize as well as photosource :)

If you want any PS give me a shout, I have more PS than pr0n now, which is just..... wrong

Can i give you a shout?

HEY, OVER HERE!!!

Hey, btw, did you get my PM over at TO? or are you just ignoring meh? :mad::(

Chrysaor
2nd Feb 2002, 11:43 PM
Oh, yeah the textures were okay :) You definetly need a digital cam. Get me one too while you're at it. I"ve got a nuclear plant in town, i want to sneak in and take pictures. Maybe practice my heavy russian accent while I'm there.

fragswill
3rd Feb 2002, 04:32 AM
You don't need a digicam. I borrow my dads camera, and ask the photo shop to give me the photos on cd. They come in 2000*2000 something high quality jpgs.

Fordy
3rd Feb 2002, 06:36 AM
@kuma id love some PS to work from!! but I dont know how to contact you?

Well my Email is fordy@planetunreal.com or my ICQ is 36653714