Critical Error! Bad Index Name -1/10

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Fresh install of UT+ UPdate to vs. 436
Fresh install of 2.86 up and running fine.

Just downloaded and installed mappack123full install with setup.

I extracted the contents of that file into a clean temp folder. During the setup i got an error that said something like. CRC error. hilted files something or other.

i go an check in the temp folder and there's the setup and some folders.. hmm. ok so i run the setup which goes without problems.

When i run Infiltration 2.86 everything is fine except when i select either INF-reserach site, or INFrorksdrift. As soon as i select the map it's an Instant Crash to desktop along with the following MSG (this is for the INF-researchsite)

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
ok, i'm also getting this problem with some other maps i've downloaded from realmaps (nov2001mappack).

I've reinstalled 2.86 but the problem still persists.
hmm

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
If you got a CRC error when decompressing the map pack, that clearly is a corrupted download. Maybe it's some file that ResearchSite or RorkesDrift use (maybe a .u file, or a texture file?). The problem could be that the decompressor you are using has extracted the file ignoring the CRC error, and you have a bad copy of that file. You could try installing the map pack again and writing down the exact file which is causing troubles... if it's not very heavy, I could send it to you...

Good luck!

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
according to the decompressor the file that's bad is

INF_MS[misc]_Walls.utx

At least that was the only one that was highlighted. I'm not sure how big it is..

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
Sorry for the delay, man, but yesterday, returning home from work, some hideous aliens abducted me and... ehhhhh... mmmm... ok, ok, I forgot! :D

This is a split ZIP file. Hope you know how to deal with it. If not, please let me know (If you do know, forgive me for explaining this things to you ;))

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
well my combining files skills are pretty rusty. I could probably figure it out if searched around on the web long enough, but it'd probably be quicker if you just told me. ;)

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
urk. i'm having problems trying to combine the two files.

i've downloaded the current version of winzip (8.1) and i've read up on the procedure, and even practiced spliting and combing my own files. but i can't replicate what you've done. :(

When i tried to extract the file i've followed these steps.
opened the 2nd part via winzip, and upon telling it a destination to extract to it asks where the first part of the file is, and i tell it.. but it can't see it. after some investiagation i presume this is because the first part isn't in the .Z01 file format, so i renamed it as so, and now winzip does regonnize it as the first part, but upon trying to combine the files, i get an error. invalid compressed data to inflate.

:(
what am i doing wrong?

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
it might just be easier if you tried to contact me via aim and then send me the file that way.

my nick on AIM is: deftoland

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
I have the solution for you... Don't use Winzip :D. Go here http://www.powerarchiver.com and download Power Archiver. It's much better than Winzip and it will let you decompress the files (trust me, i have just tried it ;)). Don't worry, it's a 1,42 MB download and it is a very good program. It handles ARJ, ZIP, ZOO, LHA, RAR, ACE....

Good luck! And let me know your progress...

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
yay! good news and some bad news.
I got the file combined, and yay now all my maps work...
except for that INFrorksdrift map. i still get a Crash to desktop when i select that map. There must be something wrong with either the map itself, or a texture that only that map is using.

I dont know.

I suspect the easiset way to fix this problem is to just download the map pack again, since i'm not sure what's got that map messed up.

Does anyone know which map-pack contains "INFrorksdrift"? i Downloaded the huge all in one via a 56k, so i don't know which of the individuals contains it.

: Midwinter, hey thanks for all the help man, i really apreciate it. If there's something i can do for you just ask.

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
I think that map is in the community map pack, posted recently... however, i'm not sure. If you do a search in the forums, you'll find a list of the maps it contains...

Ah, and glad to help a fellow INFer :tup:

See you!

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
Well, I did the research for you (today it has been a slow day at work ;)). Yes, RorkesDrift is in the community map pack. IIRC, you can download it at realmaps.

It packs some more maps, mainly by AngelHeart. It is a must have if you are going online, since some servers have these maps...