PDA

View Full Version : DM-Scythen

GoldenMouse
31st Jan 2002, 09:52 PM
I have the feeling that the playerstarts in this one suck. What I'm looking for lies mainly in terms of decoration, item placement, and pathing. Many thanks.

Shin
1st Feb 2002, 02:22 AM
Failed launching url for package 'WATCHER' :(

GoldenMouse
1st Feb 2002, 02:09 PM
I could have sworn that one came with UT or a bonus pack.... Do you know which ones are included?

RigorMortis
1st Feb 2002, 02:36 PM
WATCHER came with a 3rd party map... i dont know which, i have UT on 2 seperate HDD's one thats clean of any and all 3rd party files (thats what i UED with) and one corrupted ass folder that has all the 3rd party stuff... (evil UT4ever mod corrupted that folder, never ever D/L and install that useless mod, ugh. it ruined my server too :P )

Watcher is in the 3rd party HDD but not the standard HDD... erm... just replace the music with enigma for now untill you get a list of standards.

GoldenMouse
1st Feb 2002, 03:02 PM
egh, I really LIKE that one too. I would seriously consider including it, despite the increase in size, if only I could find out who done it. For those of you who haven't picked it up someplace, here it is. For those of you who have, try to find out from what you got it, so that I may give proper credit if I continue to use it.

I used ut4ever. The weapons were poorly skinned and had simple meshes. The maps included weren't all that great from what I remember. Worst of all, it nearly doubled the number of player skins I had, the number of texture packages I had, and all sorts of other ****. It took me forever to remove it all. (Maybe they meant that you'll have some of their stuff in UT forever....)

RigorMortis
1st Feb 2002, 03:36 PM
LMFAO! thats must be what they meant!! you will have these files in UT 4 ever!!! :lol: i too tried deleting everything but my server went bad ugh... no uninstall... thats bad news.. it should be a mandate that any mod skin etc... have an uninstall program included. BOO to UT4ever

Shin
1st Feb 2002, 05:05 PM
I'll try it tommorrow, cuz im tired as hell....
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn g'nite :cool:

Zarkazm
1st Feb 2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by RigorMortis
LMFAO! thats must be what they meant!! you will have these files in UT 4 ever!!! :lol: i too tried deleting everything but my server went bad ugh... no uninstall... thats bad news.. it should be a mandate that any mod skin etc... have an uninstall program included. BOO to UT4ever

That's actually true for all mods, skins, models etc. from my experience. The according serverpackages aren't deleted from the Unrealtournament.ini so you have to remove 'em all manually!

RigorMortis
1st Feb 2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Zarkazm

That's actually true for all mods, skins, models etc. from my experience. The according serverpackages aren't deleted from the Unrealtournament.ini so you have to remove 'em all manually!

that didnt work with UT4ever though... there are too many wierd files that came with it... i tried for a while.... i may be dumb but im not stupid :lol:

faderide
2nd Feb 2002, 02:14 AM
Nice map ya got there. Like the statue, and the openness.
Also like the texturing and your lifts-very cool.
Some of the texturing (the grass) near the statue looks a little funny- a while line down the middle of the grass texture?
I like the lava waterfalls..I'm doing some of that in my current map now. The lava fall's textures could be aligned better.
I'm having trouble doing it myself now in my map so I dont have any suggestions on how to make it look better.
If you check out a map called Dm-Organic you'll see some beautiful lava waterfalls with perfect alignment of the lava textures-I'm currently trying to figure out how he did it....lol
Those are the only suggestions I have..over all it looks damn good. Nice job!

RigorMortis
2nd Feb 2002, 12:34 PM
organic got cliffyB's ownage and for what???!!! ugh

faderide
2nd Feb 2002, 03:56 PM
Dunno, but the lava fall texturing is done well.

GoldenMouse
2nd Feb 2002, 06:47 PM
Organic was kinda boring and the theme was way too weak, but the first time I set foot in that lava room, it took my breath away. I just saw how fog was used in CTF-EternalCave, after just finding out that I had to manually turn on volumetric lighting, and those fog effects, along with the light color/brightness, were also breath-taking. =)

Thanks Faderide, I think that's my first map that doesn't look noobish. Did any of the playerstarts seem to be poorly placed, or the octagonal room poorly decorated (esp. on the walls)? that path has been annoying me for awhile. The problem is that there was no path texture for the ice texture, only a transition one. I set it against itself to make a path, but it doesn't seem to like being used as a path.

faderide
3rd Feb 2002, 06:21 PM
Player starts all seemed good, and the octagonal room.;)

GoldenMouse
3rd Feb 2002, 06:44 PM
Just need NC3 to be up now....

Zarkazm
4th Feb 2002, 04:27 PM
I shall playtest as soon as I installed Windows and UT on my new 80 Gig HD. I just have to buy it first ;)

GoldenMouse
9th Feb 2002, 06:26 PM
All right, I'm going to do some final adjustments and then release it. I'm removing it from the forums now, to keep from wasting space. If you happen to want it, mail or pm me, and I'll send it to ya.