how to bind keys in ut

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kornx

Nov 21, 1999
Visit site
i am new to the unreal engine and have been usin quake ones for years. how do i "bind" keys in ut? for example, in quake 3 if i wanted to bind a key to quit i would goto the console and type in "bind n quit" what would be the equivalent in that in unreal? is there one?

SSSHAD

Dec 8, 1999
Sydney, NSW, Austr.
That's what HuFlungDung wrote about it:

You can bind keys to text messages and to speech messages (only those included with the game or various add-on voice packs). Open your user.ini file (in the UT/system folder) and choose a key (I'll use enter as an example):
enter=say oh lets see how about your mamma

If you want the message to go only to your team, use teamsay for a command instead of say.

Guess that works for functions other than messages as well. Also, check out advanced options.