PDA

View Full Version : Preview of my first UT map

[CD]Icedude
30th Jan 2002, 01:19 PM
My first UT map DM-BakaIssen or Bakabakashii Issen is nearing completeion, i no have screenies, but heres a small preview mappy

RigorMortis
30th Jan 2002, 01:43 PM
it suffers from the room-hallway-deadend syndrome. may i suggest expanding the level a bit and speed those doors up, nobody wants to sit in a DM and wait for a slow moving door ala StalwartXL... just to let you know, the Enhanced Shock Rifle doesnt show up in normal DM play. And so far the level is too small for a redeemer, and remember to align those teleport destinations to the floor, every "crouch walk" into a teleporter? one remains in a crouch floating in midair... neat but a flaw none the less, it'd be cool for some type of advanced sniper post, but alas, i digress. all in all id say i wasnt fond of the map quite yet, keep workin on it though, more z-axis (multi-layered like ledges above for goo droppin and rocket launchin) and more escape routes from the evil minnigunners (people play LMS in DM maps and in LMS you start with every weapon) someone with a minigun will own this level and dominate, even the table some.

think about gameplay when designing your map, imagine yourself in that room, what you would like tpo attack with, howd youd like to get away if you had 5 health left and the guy was after you with a flak cannon.

:D keep it up!

[CD]Icedude
30th Jan 2002, 02:06 PM
And so far the level is too small for a redeemer

the level will be a whole lot bigger, with many more rooms

one remains in a crouch floating in midair... neat but a flaw none the less

if you mean the arrival is in the air, thats meant to happen, the person teleports in in the centre of the big radar screen

more escape routes from the evil minnigunners

there'll be doors in that central corridor, and more passageways connecting the rooms

more z-axis

yep, im workin on that!

what am i doing? explaining a map? oh well, it will help tho

[CD]Icedude
31st Jan 2002, 11:57 AM
nearly 12 hours have passed, and only 1 reply?:mad:

[EDIT:] Oh yeah, theres now a series of pipe-like tunnels onnecting floors together

GMotha
31st Jan 2002, 12:02 PM
Here you got another reply...
My comments are practicly the same as the ones rigor gave you:)

]BloodForge[
31st Jan 2002, 01:32 PM
First off I will agree with Rig on the door thing. They need to open up a whole lot faster. By the time you sit there on top of the switch waiting for the door to open you will be dead!! Cool sound effects on the doors and down below in the "bio pool". I know this is a very early version but Rig is also right about the room-corridor-room syndrome. Be very careful of that and keep it in mind as you expand this map. Dont forget to add more weapons, I think you should be able to get a diff weapon in each room. I like the addition of the smoke and the flares on the car. Good detail :) I like the idea of the "cannon" that you added to the one car but I dont like the look of it. Anyway I wont say anymore right now because its too early to tell. I think this map could go either direction.......either suck ass or kick ass. Its up to you. Keep going!! :D

[CD]Icedude
31st Jan 2002, 05:19 PM
uh, thats not a cannon, you see those long tubes in the corner? those are fuel pods, the car has had this taken out (well its meant to look like that anyway)

oh yeah, the translocator will be found in an energy chamber thingy in the science lab on the first (second to you americans) floor. and those shells on the conveyor belt? they now all blow up in a chain reaction of you shoot one :D

RigorMortis
1st Feb 2002, 01:58 PM
dont add the xloc as an item in your map, some people play with it, giving it to them in the start and other turn it off, meaning they dont want it. so its a bad item to place in your map.

RigorMortis
1st Feb 2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by [CD]Icedude
... on the first (second to you americans) floor...

huh?

[CD]Icedude
1st Feb 2002, 03:12 PM
in america, the ground floor is called the first floor, so the first floor in england is the second floor in america

RigorMortis
1st Feb 2002, 03:37 PM
hmmm... i didnt know this. so whats the basement called?

[CD]Icedude
1st Feb 2002, 03:44 PM
same thing

Lruce Bee
2nd Feb 2002, 08:16 AM
So........lemme get this straight.........The first floor in America is the ground floor AND the basement and not the first floor which would actually be the second floor in England - if this is the case - the basement would be below the first floor - but you wouldn't have a ground floor because it's actually the basement?

The basement in England is below the ground floor and the first floor is above the ground floor which makes perfect sense

Lruce

[CD]Icedude
3rd Feb 2002, 09:59 AM
:stick:

in english?

[Rans0m4eveR]
22nd Feb 2002, 09:51 PM
im confused. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: