Hmmmm, interesting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[L]-Dragoon

Jan 19, 2002
Finland
I was just browsing the Infiltration webpage and came up with this:

hmmm.gif

Make your own conclusions, I sure made mine :D

Tiran Kenja

CO of Creepers
Feb 26, 2001
www.creepers.org
Originally posted by DarkBls
:eek:

PHP:
main {
       while(notReleased(2.87))   refreshButon();
       Download();
       InfLaunch();
}

Heh. But perhaps something like AppleScript to shell scripts would be a better solution. Since PHP won't run that long at a time... There is a max time on how long a page can run you know ;)

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
No no no, this is what you want:

PHP:
While(!team.release.287)
{
     Sendto(coding_cave, team);
     if(team.release.time == now)
          team.release = true;
}
team.release.files.download();
infiltration.start();

hehe!

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
No such luck.

It was just this guys:
Community Map Pack 1 Update
Posted by: Scrumpy_Jack on Wednesday, January 30, 2002

This is an update of the first release of the community map pack.
It fixes a problem with a missing texture and corrupt files in the community map pack 1
Two files are released.
A modified full version of the pack, for people who haven't already downloaded the files, and an update for those who have.

IceWeasel

Linux fanatic
Dec 10, 2000
Germany
Uhm, Keg, your code doesn't work... heard about endless loops? ;) (no, it has nothing to do with the team or the release, it's a coding bug...). Do you find it? :D

Tiran Kenja

CO of Creepers
Feb 26, 2001
www.creepers.org
Originally posted by IceWeasel
Uhm, Keg, your code doesn't work... heard about endless loops? ;) (no, it has nothing to do with the team or the release, it's a coding bug...). Do you find it? :D

Well. Since he is overwriting the class/struct called team.release (it's supposed to have a 287 variable) with a boolean. It's likely to crash when it's released. Not the intended result. But perhaps that will make him notice it's been released ;p

I'm a bit conserned about the resource hogging of the sendto function tho... It might require a lot of resources. And it will be running for some time. ;)

IceWeasel

Linux fanatic
Dec 10, 2000
Germany
Well. Since he is overwriting the class/struct called team.release (it's supposed to have a 287 variable) with a boolean. It's likely to crash when it's released. Not the intended result. But perhaps that will make him notice it's been released ;p

I'm a bit conserned about the resource hogging of the sendto function tho... It might require a lot of resources. And it will be running for some time. ;)
I couldn't have said it better. :p The sendto function might require some violent calls to function properly (ie to keep the team in the cave)... :D

Of course the code does not work. He hasn't even tested it for partial correctness using Hoare's logic...
Argh.... I hate theoretical computer science! :)

uhhhhhhhh
NERDS!
:p
No, programers. And as Catalyst likes to say: Programers are evil! :D

That's first year university here in Aachen (Computer Science). Hoare's logic is not really difficult (except finding the invariant sometimes), but generally quite tedious. Much later you can learn how to do this sort of testing at least partially with the computer. Although the computer isn't really good at finding the correct invariant :)

IceWeasel

Linux fanatic
Dec 10, 2000
Germany
Originally posted by Puncher
That's first year university here in Aachen (Computer Science). Hoare's logic is not really difficult (except finding the invariant sometimes), but generally quite tedious. Much later you can learn how to do this sort of testing at least partially with the computer. Although the computer isn't really good at finding the correct invariant :)
I know. That's my problem. (I'm talking about university). ;)