Question #1: What are your favorite DM Maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Well UT has been out long enough for you toget feel for all the DM maps. Which are your favorites and why?

Mine? Glad you asked.

In no piticular order:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Gothic: Because I just seem to rock on this level. Almost always do very well.
<LI> Phobos Moon: Only because I like to grab the Redeemer and drive it down the pit for those multi-kills. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
<LI> Deck16 II: What can I say about this classic. Love it.
<LI> Tempest: I just like the flow of it. Usually do pretty well here.
<LI> Curse II: Just another classic. Really like the way they opend up the upper level.
<LI> Turbine: Usually do well here. Like the flow.
<LI> StalwartXL: It's okay, but I always have a hard time getting ammo. And damn Redeemer door moves slow!
</UL>

------------------
"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

-Lizard Of Oz -aka- {PuF}Lizard- nguid = 108675

[This message has been edited by Lizard Of Oz (edited 12-31-1999).]

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Curse][
Curse][
Deck16][
Curse][
Phobos
Turbine
Tutorial (Lets just say I like the scenery in this one)
Pressure

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
StalwartXL is cool, but not enough ammo for more than 3 players at a time.

It seems like everybody loves Gothic, but I dont really care for it. Too big guess.

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
www.nsa.gov
Either you REALLY, REALLY like Curse ][, or you've been out celebrating. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com

• <LI>Gothic I like it a lot, plenty of weapons and powerups, large enough for lots of players. Feels a little like Quake3 without the claustrophobia.

<LI>Curse II
    A classic. It rocks.

<LI>Deck 16 II
    See above.

<LI>Conveyor
    Because it runs really well on my machine and I get low ping. I don't know why but this is my favorite map until I get a DSL. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
    Good balanced mix of weapons/powerups too.

Anybody downloaded DM-Brutality II yet?

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
In alphabetical order:

DM-AggressiveTendencies][
DM-Anubis
DM-Brutality][
DM-Gothic
DM-Morpheus
DM-RainbowSix
DM-StrictlyDiesel
DM-UrbanArena][

The more perceptive will notice that there's only 2 Epic maps in there. Why this is, I don't know - maybe it's just personal taste /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Bug? Bug? What bug?

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Tricky one but here goes (no particular order)...

DM-Deck16][ is always fun, because, well, it rocks. Looks smarter than the original DMDeck16 as well.

DM-Peak is a smart map with plenty of space. I normally hate instant kill zones but they're ok on this one.

DM-Liandri is actually a good fun map - no-one mentioned it yet.

DM-Morpheus is good for a laugh.

Many of the maps are great, there are just one or two I'm not so keen on like DM-Barricade and DM-Pyramid. I quite like DM-Gothic though... kool colours and an easy to get Redeemer /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif , a.k.a. [SkW]Deathwish in DM.
Email me hellscrag@lineone.net
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff.

[This message has been edited by Hellscrag (edited 01-01-2000).]

ty_Fortune

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Temple of Brutality][ - The best 1 on 1 map I've seen
<LI>Morbius][ - Great map if you want to show off your rocket launcher skills
<LI>Turbine - Fast pace
<LI>Tempest - I like the demo version better though
<LI>Peak - Most of the time I just try to knock people over the side /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
</UL>

[This message has been edited by ty_Fortune (edited 01-01-2000).]

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
www.nsa.gov
My mistake. I was talking about the Epic made maps.

See the other question about "must have user made maps."

bullet2.gif

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
my faves, i like others as well but when these maps come up in the rotation i have alot more fun.

Gothic - my fave FFA map. the weapon placement is very good and spread out. most of the time u have alot of room to move. Theres a big keg o health, which i love, and no Invis is a definate plus.

Conveyor - i like it alot. its big enough and you have lots of room to move. weapons spaced out well. Big keg is there and invis is not ( i think youve noticed by now that i HATE invis)

Phobos - it was my fave in the demo, and i still love it now. finally added goodies up top and retained the cluster**** bottom section which is good for getting multiple kills on. the redeemer on the map is actually a good thing and improves gameplay i find. u can drive it into that annoying snipers a.s.s on the tower.

Deck 16 ][ - the classic, which is still as fun to play as it was in Unreal. great map design.

Hyperblast - in large FFAs, its too much of a cluster****, but in 1on1 it really shines. small but plays like a bigger map due to the outside area. i love the low grav as it gives u the chance to use your mad shock rifle primary skillz to knock someone into space.

Liandri - i didnt like it at first, but its growing on me. i always have fun in it for some reason, and every game seems to differ wildly from the previous one.

Morpheus - in the demo i liked it, and i still like it. the low grav is a welcome change from the other maps and forces a change in strategy and playing style. it rocks to push people off buildings with shock rifle primary. the chaingun is incredible in this map. enough health to keep you alive but not too much. but, very bad decision to include both redeemer AND invis.(invis is GAY!)

[This message has been edited by Voyd (edited 01-02-2000).]

SnakeBitey

Dec 4, 1999
My favorite map is Gothic. It's the most beautiful, IMO, with its great ancient architecture and the most incredible lighting effects. I just have great fun playing this map. Also, you can't beat its kickass music, the best in the game.

bullet2.gif

"We live in a world of tradition, and the military is full of it."