Theoretically speaking...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
If I was watching a video on my VCR, what would it take to be able to set up a live video stream webcast type thingy for friends to be able to watch along with me?

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
I have a WinTV card in my pc, and with Netmeeting I can let pple watch tv with it. Instead of selecting my webcam as video source I select the driver for the TV card. I don't know if you can cast to multiple persons via netmeeting tho.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Thanks, I was expecting that to be how I would do it. I just haven't heard anyone talk of doing it before. Does the person viewing have to have the Netmeeting software or can it be viewed with something like Real Player or Windows Media Player?

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
I've only used it with netmeeting(while the other person was using netmeeting as well) so I can't tell you if it's possible to use Real Player or Windows Media Player to log onto a netmeeting server.
I don't think so tho :/

My irc client has a nifty feature you might be interested in, I use pirch98.
Sending a Live Video Feed
In order to send a live video feed to someone you must of course have a digital video camera or camera and video capture board of some sort. I do not endorse any particular camera brand or type, however it must be compatible with Microsoft Video for Windows. PIRCH 0.90 and higher comes with a special program called PIRCHVDO.EXE which is the video server. To open PIRCHVDO, use the Tools | Video Server option from the main menu and PIRCHVDO will load. To allow someone on IRC to see you... type /DCC VIDEO nickname (nickname is the name of the person you are allowing to view you)

The helpfile doesn't say if the cast program is limited to only one user or that it supports multiple users. But if it's not, this seems to be an easy solution.