Reload Animations?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
I never get them... perhaps this is a lag thing? (Beppo correct me here please)

Infguy98

Jul 29, 2001
SOMETIMES when playing online... I can see them... But most of the time it only shows.... changed weapon angle, mag insertion.

It kinda sucks though that in order to see a full 3rd person weapon reloading animation that player needs to be completly still during that time.. if he moves during the sequense the animation disappears...
DAMN UT ENGINE!

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
For me, weapon animations of any kind might occasionally fail to show online, be it reloading, switching, aiming or even firing... other times my primary comes up looking for all intents and purposes like a knife or grenade...

Nice sigs, guys, by the way.

Saving Private Raptor

What The ^%&;*$!!!
Dec 5, 2000
Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Dam, I forgot to specify, everything is ok in the 1st person perspective, its from the 3rd person perspective the reload animations don't work!

Sorry about that. But it looks like we might have found another problem with the animations :D

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
3rd person?

I thought the only way to access 3rd person in UT was to cheat.
Well not cheat per se, but the same way you get god mode, ect. by typing crap in the console.

If thats the case theres your reason it wont work online.

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
hes talking about when viewing others in 3rd person or when watching himself in mirrors or others beside him etc. the 3rd persons animations dont work if the guy moves, even his gun a bit to the right.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
how is third person viewing cheating?

if they didnt want third person view they would have overwritten the behindview function im sure

er.. unless its a variable.. in that case overwrite the function that checks behindview

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
WellÉ

I'm fairly sure the reason you can sometimes see 3rd person reload animations and sometimes not is because the unreal engine can't handle multipule character animations at the same time -- e.g moving and reloading. If you stand completely still and don't move, then start to reload you will see this 3rd person. However, if youstart to move the animations will end replaced by the person moving, in which case you see the magazine disappear for several seconds and then reappear once reloading is complete.

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
Nah its not cheating but i remember the UT cheat codes vaguely.

First you input a master code or something and then another one for ammo, god, ect. 3rd person view was one of these so I call it a cheat code, even though really it does nothing.

No idea how to describe it otherwise.

If the original question meant looking at other people reload or oneself in a mirror, then no I don't believe I've seen it.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
console command != cheat code

Behindview in multiplayer can be a cheat since you can use it to look around corners without exposing yourself to the enemy.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
no it cant be... they fixed that in multi... the view if right behind your head you cant see a damn thing

Only prob is if your a GHOSTER which there are way way to many in inf right now... i hate that

in single player you can use it but woh cares bots are stupid anyway

and its nothing to do with ut engine not being able to play multiple animatiosn... im pretty sure most of the new engines dont blend animations as it is... the programmers make an animation for reloading... and making an animation for moving... AND make and animation for moving while reloading...

combining animations without making new whole body animations is tricky stuff... although i beleive some new engines are doing it

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
My post was more aimed at "3rd person view was one of these so I call it a cheat code, even though really it does nothing." and gaming in generall.