So, what got this Bruhaha going?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Various and sundry quotes from Mr B, all taken out of context, and edited for space.

Originally posted by GoAt

thats cause we are too busy making things, and teaching more importants stuff like calc, trig, physics. (yea, it may be the same elsewhere but who the fuc* cares where bosnia is?) its not like im gonna go the a nuclear engineer and quiz him on where bosnia is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ever heard of "project braindrain"? thats where your inventions come from. getting the smart guys from some poor countrys and givign them all possibilities and let them work for you..

shoes = teiwan or china
for less fortuanate = we germans arent sending our army out to fight.. no we send them out to make wells for the drowning africans and teachign them how to live better and how to use the "dormesticication(sp)".

really, I love some hand made lether shoes or even boots and they dont have to come from indo-china(that quality sux)

about the internet thingy. did you know who invented the mp3 stuff(mp1 and mp2 and soon mp4)...? the "Frauenhofer Institute that is lodged in germany.

Cars! (do i have to say more?)

lala

but in general one nation is nothing. and the most important thing is that we have a clean earth! I mean a cave man who just killed a mammut can be very happy. A modern human who is walking trough the streets in an over populated city wearing a gas mask and some hard sunblocker or eaven an sun-coat wont be that happy.. even if his shoes are from nike and glow in the dark...

well,

america also stands for :

Britney Spears
Fast food
not so social system as we (germans) are used to
racism against minorities(well not as worse as it was)
Air-Polution
Army and glorifycation

now under us ask any normal german what he thinks about war and its very negative. Ask an normal american. its something hournouabel... and thats not good. that was the attitude that led to ww1 and 2

yeah, the former germans started them because of the special attitude to war! It was an honour to server for their land! and they were god damn proud to go into war(that changed in war later...)

I just remind you of your post that you are proud to serve for your land and stuff... flag waveing.

edited some typing errors...

ets assume you wuld die while serving.
Would your parents be proud that you served the tradition or sad? Thats for me a no-no tradition. its a tradition to set up the christmas tree or that the oldest boy in the house has to bring out the trash(damn!). but that is stuff where live isnt in risk! hell, WAR SUX in general! no purpose can be good enough! actualy I am oftne thinking of startign some wars but still I am a pacifist(that makes no sense I know.... but thats just like me)...

i forgot that thing about the army.

If you join the army because of the education that its kinda ok. in germany you dont have to pay for education. But if you join the army you have to be sure to go and kill if you get the order. I mean thats like I have a job cos its fun there and I get dollars and they teach me something. but still i got to do a job

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
WOW, those are some pretty assheaded comments Balton, I can see why this fiasco began :(

Also, if I may, the first word that popped into most americans' minds for quite awhile and still probably today to some degree, was "Nazi." Not that I try to make any point with that, but stereotyping our culture and nationality seems just as degrading.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by Chrysaor
WOW, those are some pretty assheaded comments Balton, I can see why this fiasco began :(

Also, if I may, the first word that popped into most americans' minds for quite awhile and still probably today to some degree, was "Nazi." Not that I try to make any point with that, but stereotyping our culture and nationality seems just as degrading.

all those comments are ripped out of context. half of them got posted by me after I got called nazi!

After Goat said how HE has to kick those dumb afghans in the ass and all this.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
but in general one nation is nothing. and the most important thing is that we have a clean earth! I mean a cave man who just killed a mammut can be very happy. A modern human who is walking trough the streets in an over populated city wearing a gas mask and some hard sunblocker or eaven an sun-coat wont be that happy.. even if his shoes are from nike and glow in the dark...

Assheaded???

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
now under us ask any normal german what he thinks about war and its very negative. Ask an normal american. its something hournouabel... and thats not good. that was the attitude that led to ww1 and 2

Nazi???

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
Originally posted by Balton.de

Nazi???
learn how to spell HONORABLE, and for the last ****ing time IM NOT SERVING IN THE ARMY!!! ITS NAVY. get it right

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
army. navy. its all the same to us civilians. ;)

anyway, he didnt say the americans attitude caused world war 1 + 2, but that an identical attitude on the behalf of the germans caused it. (an attitude now spurned)

dulce et decorum est, pro patria mori.

the old lie.

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
Yes, they are evil and will do it again! They've already annected Mallorca.

WOW, those are some pretty assheaded comments Balton, I can see why this fiasco began
Still, I'm pretty sure you'll get the at least the same effect by ripping everyone else's posts in those, erm, "discussion" threads out of context.

GoldenMouse

Mad Hatter
Nov 14, 2001
Backwoods Ohio
Visit site
Originally posted by mister_cope
army. navy. its all the same to us civilians. ;)

anyway, he didnt say the americans attitude caused world war 1 + 2, but that an identical attitude on the behalf of the germans caused it. (an attitude now spurned)

Are you familiar with the American reaction to the Vietnam war?

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
i agree with mr. mouse.

i said it was an honor to SERVE in the military. not to go to war.

even desert storm, everyone had a bad attitude towards that.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
they should have carried through desert storm and killed saddam while they had the chance and while he looked bad for starting the war.

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
after the vietnam war, assasinations were outlawed. so it would kinda be hard to kill sudam unless he was shooting. (giving orders and pulling the trigger are 2 seperate things)

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
what realy started this thing was balton saying **** about me and my familys history in the military (approx 3 months ago in IRC) wich i let slide. the the bush vs dashle thread me an frosty had words untill we both came to ends, due to the fact that i didnt keep tabs on who lives in what country, Balton and claw jumped on me cause they though i assumed everyone lived inthe US. wich i stated in a post that i dont

GoAt : i didnt asume that, i didnt know you were in UK.
/me dont keep tabs on who dont live in US
Spirit then enters the thread and flames away at claw and balton.
then frosty clears some stuff up for spirit and spirit posts this

You do make a good point sir..
I'm truly sorry if I insulted YOU.. for that was not my intent
but claw posts another flame, wich stirs spirit back up again.
then balton posts **** about how serving in the military is dishonorable. i make a samll post saying why im serving then balton flames that... so realy Frosty kept the peace untill claw or Balton posted.

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Frostblood
Uh...how did the americans attitude to war lead to WW1 + WW2? They only joined halfway though...

He's talking about the idea war was honourable which was at those times favoured in Germany also.

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
The big problem with WW1 (at least here in Austria, and I guess in Germany too) was that lots of young ppl actually were glad about the war (like, "finally there's something exciting"). Also, Austria was convinced to defeat Serbia in a few weeks, so there was a lot of enthusiasm about the war.