CD-rom problem......

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[RSU]Max

Dec 29, 2000
New Brunswick, Canada
php50.com
I am having a problem wiht my cd-rom and my burner cause they don't show in my computer, when i went to device manager, it says it wasn't responding. I opened my computer, and every connection was fine, and it still not there. Im using Windows XP, can anyone help me.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
first,set a restore point.Next go into device manager,find your drives and right click,select uninstall.when done reboot the pc.Windows should redetect and reinstall automagically.

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
Originally posted by ZenPirate
first,set a restore point.Next go into devive manager,find your drives and right click,select uninstall.when done reboot the pc.Windows should redetect and reinstall automagically.

wish my brain's OS worked that well....

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
is the Slave/master setting correct (they must not match another device on the same channel)?

have you tried anything with the IDE drivers?
if none of them work, try removing both devices (physicaly), then adding one at a time. usaully dead HD's cause the entire ISE to fail.