Diamond Viper Support??? Laggy, slow. HELP!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

weezer006

Jan 1, 2000
www.angelfire.com
Hello. I currently have a Dell Dimension Pentium 3 500 with 128 m ram, 32 Meg Diamond Viper and I am trying to run Unreal Tournament. However, I could not configure my game to run the Viper, because the only options available for 3D card configuration were "3dfx" and "Software Rendering." Since the Viper is not configured for 3dfx, I chose "Software Rendering." However, the problem with this is CRAPPY graphics, and the game runs quite choppy and laggy (in single player, in 640x480). I tried setting the resolution lower but I dont think I should have to do this! Even in 640x480, it chops up. Is there ANY way I can fix this or configure my 3d card for Unreal? Is the viper even supported with Unreal Tournament? HELP ME! My email is weezer006@hotmail.com

Tell it to look for all devices. That was what I had to do with my Viper.

bullet2.gif

Everytime I learn something new, something old gets pushed out of my brain!

-Homer Simpson

Viper504

Jan 2, 2000
Visit site
try getting new drivers, they have better support for directX 7 :
go here:
ftp://209.10.46.164/pub/display/viper/viper_v770/v770_w9x_353.exe