A feminine perspective

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aunt_Peg[XpK]

Programming Consultant
Jan 19, 2002
Auntpeg.com
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new to the INF community but it's been great fun and all of you have been super nice to me online.

It really is a fun game but it sure could be a lot prettier. My nephew Tim (it's his computer) has an ATI 8500 which works great, but both of us are kind of disappointed that there isn't more vivid color co-ordination in the game.

I know I'd like to see more pastels and perhaps some floral patterns... I mean isn't that what you'd expect after paying so much money for a cool graphics card?

Also, does there have to be quite so mch killing?

Thanks,
Aunt Peg [XpK]

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
lol

Is this a joke? If not, it just seemed like one. I keep hearing how horrible ati8500's are. I have an ati redeon 64ddr, and it blows for INF. INF runs from UT, which prefers glide. D3D looks bland, and everything looks the same practically. Look to some newer retail games for some better graphics and visuals.

As for killing, that's combat for you. Maybe a gamecube would be better for you and/or your nephew. I hear there's all kinds of cute games with lots of colors for that;)
Jaymian

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
D3D? Bland?! No freakin way!! D3D isn't for everyone, but I can tell you. I alays get a steady 35fps in high poly maps.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Although on a serious note I would, indeed, like to see more flowers.

I mean, not ALL firefights take place in summer, fall or winter, right? :con:

mute_dammit

Just mute, dammit!
Sep 11, 2001
Sure, flowers are great and all (in fact, it'd be pretty cool to see a field of em on a map - not something I've seen before) but she said "floral patterns" - as in wallpaper, carpets, and summer dresses for the discriminating soldier.

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
Okay, let's get a gay designer guy over here so he can fuss over the wall papers and the ceiling paint. Now all we need is a couple of flowers here and some bushes there, and make everyone wear pink dresses all sitting at a tea party with crumpets and scones...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
If you take a look at the decorations the INF team has made, you'll find some lovely flowers. Personally I think this is just the beginning of what the INF team has in store for the future! I can't wait for the game where enemy bots say to you "make love not war!"....followed of course by some gros animations which will make the game unsuitable for your nephew again....damn :( I guess we'll stick to good old violance...