jDooM

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
http://jdoom.newdoom.com/

its some program or whatever that makes DooM a completely 3D/polygonal game. its great, really! its almost like new game.......if you like Doom i highly suggest you look into it ;) it includes full mouse support, jumping, 3d worlds, 3d modeled enemies/weapons, opengl/d3d support, etc.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
heh, thats like doom as you remember it - not as it actually is :)

the problem with the remakes is where do you stop - do you end up re-doing the textures as hi-rez jpgs (theres like like 8 a level so they could be HUGE bastard 1024x1024 things) and rendering the enemies as 100,000 poly maya models?

thinking on it, that would be cool...

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I now y'all don't know me :D but I'm a doom freak :)
I've tried Jdoom and I was happy it didn't give me any "texture errors" like legacy did (in most custom levels and for example in "genesis", first level of Eternal doom) Dissapearing textures...
and yeah I do read the readmes ;)

Really happy Jdoom doesn't give me any errors like this :) geforce2mx vc.
Question is: what's the compatibility with the old 1.9, when it comes to watching demos?
Say I want to watch the old hell revealed demos, recorded under dos doom 1.9? Will they playback properly or...? anyone tested this :D?

Doom95 didn't have a problem with most of those demos, but some of them got ****ed up (I used that version of doom yeeeears ago ;)...)