A LMS-Type Game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Geode

Jan 22, 2002
DC
Visit site
Something I think would be interesting would be a LMS-type game, where you always had 100 health. However, when you got shot, the health you would have lost would be added to your score. When you hit a certain level (3000?) you would be out of the game. Player who keeps health damage lowest wins .. This would make those spam weapons (mini, flak and plasma) not very good weapons to use and make for great practice with sniper, rox and shock.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
So nobody ever gets killed?

It's an interesting idea, but if nobody ever really loses/wins a 1v1, then you'll just have a couple of people pummeling each other.

rgx

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I think what he means is you start at 0 points and 100 health. When you get shot (say with an enforcer) you'd take 25 damage, right?

So then you have a score of 25.

And you're trying to keep your score out of the stratosphere cause once you get to whatever you decide to set it at you'd lose.

Also regularx, you wouldn't have people standing there pounding each other cause someone would eventually lose. The smart person would run away first.

Sounds like a decent idea. Hope something comes out of it :)

You want a REALLY stupid mod, try Immortals. THAT'S a mod that lets you stand there and pummel people.

Pxtl

Lord of the Files
Jan 30, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Hey, don't knock immortals

Immortals has its uses, it exists because it serves a purpose - it takes some other mutes to see it though. For example, try playing it with CoilJump - coiljump is a mod about juggling - every time you shoot a player they airjump. Each time a player is airjumped without touching the ground, the attacking player gets something - a frag, health, etc. On the fifth airjump without touching the ground, they explode. If you want to play with only the airjumping, use immortals - I recommend throwing in some weapon mods for flavour.

Heres another mod-mix recipe - Redeemer Arena and Immortals playing LMS or CTF on a space map with little to no walls to brace yourself up against (CTF-FACE ][ works quite well). Its all about blasting the other players into space by brute force of explosives. Also, you can rocket jump clear accross the map. Damn good fun.

Many underated mutators become cool when you consider what you can mix them with (Kill-2-heal and LMS is ****ing awesome, and Kill-2-heal got a terrible rating).

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Being immortal sucks. The score should be based upon damage regardless of the kills.
Collecting health pickups does NOT change the score. You can die pretty often but still win when someone else keeps picking up health while under heavy attack.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Re: Whoops

Originally posted by Pxtl
Sorry, I meant kill-or-die, not kill-2-heal.

Well that makes more sense :D

But I've never heard of it. Did you see a review on Modsquad or somewhere else? Can you link to it? :)

thanks

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
That was a nice well thought out bit of writing there, Pxtl. A rarity these days for sure. Usually a mod gets a one or a ten and the comment "IT RULES" or "IT SUCKS".

While the mutator itself may suck gonads, it is great in LMS gametypes.

Can't say I'd recommend it in CTF though, but a 5.3 is a fair enough score for it. It may suck pretty bad but it does have a use, so a 5.3 (slightly above average) is a good score.

Pxtl

Lord of the Files
Jan 30, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Well

I don't see it as useful for CTF either - just LMS. For CTF, I meant a redeemerarena/immortals combo on a map with no minimal cover and falling death (like ctf-face ][, or pyramid)...

There's a cute mod for QuakeIII called "Bouncy" based on the same princples as immortals, but fleshed out to a full mod. Each weapon is used for impact purposes, you also have a grapple hook to drag the opponent around and try to escape falling death. The plasma gun has a special effect, it sprays ice everyhwere, you use it to make slick surfaces to throw the opponents accross. The rail gun is hilarious, it looks like you just punted your opponent.

http://www.planetquake.com/bouncyq3a/q3abouncy.html

for bouncy q3. Yeah, I know this ain't a q3 forum. Why hasn't anyone ported that to UT? Immortals w redeemers is the closest thing I can find (but damn, redeemer jumping is fun).