Binocs???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fortran

Despite the name, I can't code.
Jan 19, 2002
At my computer
Visit site
How about adding some rangefinder binoculars? The binocs would be nice so that you don't need a scope to see farther away. They are used a lot in any military. The rangefinder would be good for people both with the HK 69 and players who are working with other people who have one. I love it myself, but I find it hard to judge distance in the game, so I am forced to turn off the sight and guess. What do you think?

Usually in the military you will not have rangefinder binocs, but rather standard military binocx. They have a bunch of (mil-)dashes on them to help you estimate the range.
Also one of the most important and difficult skills of any soldier for long-range firefights is accurate distance estimation. Although with the flat trajectory of the 5.56mm bullets this is less important than with 7.62mm or bigger.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
I'd like to be able to carry a set of binocs. Like mentioned above, give em a bulk and a price. Make it so you can't use a weapon while they are in use and make the switching time appropriate.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
non ra servers dont suffer from the "not being able to carry a scoped rifle with a cqb weapon in the same loadout" problem.
by the way I see players switch to and from acog, I think they need binocs too.
they just dont feel the need as much cause theres an alternate solution.

larger maps in 2.87, paired with slower speeds and higher bulk penalties, might be changing this.

Fortran

Despite the name, I can't code.
Jan 19, 2002
At my computer
Visit site
Two maps in 2.86, CubanDawn and Extreme Prejudice, involve long-range combat. In CubanDawn, coming down the hill towards the barn (when you don't take the walkway the overlooks the red spwan area) I find it hard to tell who is on my team. I usually think "ok, he isn't on my team, now lets shoot him...BANG...i'm dead". Binocs would be nice.

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
range?

when the ballistics are more complete, how about being able to dial in elevation and windage on our sights and scopes? either in mils or moa, depending on which gun/scope is being used..

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
Originally posted by Fortran
That would be kind of neat, but might be frustrating at many times.

well you wouldn't have to adjust your sights, you could just compensate for range by aiming a bit high at longer ranges like you do now. i suppose it's mostly a moot point however as few shots take place at ranges where it would make a difference, and windage would certainly have no meaningful effect without wind ;)

TheRaptor007

Oct 21, 2001
Have you ever actually AIMED a real Dragunov Rifle (and Scope)? Well I have.. It was cool! It has the rubber eyepeice to eliminated all glare from the back and therefore increasing low-light visibility. Also, the lense is all amber colored. The gun itself felt rock steady, even while standing! The gun has the fixed 6 power scope, but I think the one I examined was an older model, and didnt have the same reticule as the normal dragunov scope (It still has the ranging tool, but all the stuff was on the side instead of low and to the left). That's my 2 gun nut cents!