PDA

View Full Version : The new design.

Kangus
21st Jan 2002, 09:23 PM
Please post your thoughts on the updated design of WoD & all its frame based navigational goodness.
Keep in mind that the sidebar is incomplete & I will be adding more sections.... like "contact info" & "links" & "Neuroflaire's Site".... seriously though, there is much more to come for the sidebar.

Also, please state your monitor resolution & browser when commenting.

chuckr30
22nd Jan 2002, 12:22 PM
Doh! I hate fixed width columns because they don't wrap to my browser window size. Could you make any table cells variable width?

Also, the header frame is huge. Can you make it resizeable so we can view more info below?

Thanks.

Kangus
22nd Jan 2002, 02:30 PM
I will make it so you can click a spot on the header frame to get a much shorter one (a little taller than the gamespy banner ad)

WheatPuppet
26th Jan 2002, 09:34 AM
I like the new design, but all the tutorials are gone! I just got started with UScript and I can't get to them without accessing the arcane intricities of the "History" menu.
Please update the links in the top frame because the "uscript" link does not work.

Also, for the complaint that he top frame is too large, you could move the navigation to the side (near the UNREAL 1 MODS and The Forgery, WAR/C4, and W.O.R.M.) because as it is, that frame isn't being used to the maximum of its real-estate.

wheatpuppet.tripod.com

Kangus
26th Jan 2002, 12:24 PM
click the UScript button on the top bar. I will readd it to the sidebar soon.

WheatPuppet
28th Jan 2002, 09:04 AM
I was aware of the uscript button in the header, but the problem is that it doesn't work (it gives a 404 error from planetunreal). You might want to change the adress that it references.
I do appreciate the Uscript sidebar, and that link does work, so don't change both of them.

Kangus
28th Jan 2002, 09:14 AM
dagnab it! that button used to work!!!! I coulda sworn I changed that link!

WheatPuppet
28th Jan 2002, 10:18 PM
As of 10:18, January 28, 2002 the link still does not work. Just letting you know.

Kangus
29th Jan 2002, 01:19 AM
didn't get a chance yet... will probably wait until I add more to the Unreal1 sections

iddQd
7th Feb 2002, 01:42 PM
Very nice fellow