n00b mapping question: working with fire

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Like I said, I have little practical experience with the editor despite my knowledge of it. I'm building a test map for a script I've been writing, and it would help if I was capable of making a realistic-looking fire.

I've figured out the basics on my own (volumetric nonsolid brush w/ translucent and masked surfaces), but it still doesn't look right. Can I have a little help, or the URL of a good tutorial? I'm really kicking myself for not knowing how to do this!

Techno JF

Okay, the editor crashed when I right-clicked on a nonsolid brush. I had the fog color window open in a ZoneInfo's properties. So let's forget the fires (well, let's not, but you know what I mean) and let's ask another question. Where are the textures that are used to make the teleporters for CTF-Face?

Techno JF

Cool! I took a look, and it's just what I'm looking for. Not only that, but I had forgotten that those textures were also part of the original Unreal too. (Duh! They're used in Gateway.unr.) Thanks Limpbiskit.

Now, about that fire tutorial... Any takers?