Does anybody here listen to funk?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BIG_MONKEY_JR

Apr 1, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Does anybody here listen to any soul or funk? I'm just curious, I love it, it's seriously one of the best genres ever. My favorites include James Brown, Jackson 5, Charles Wright, Jamiroquai (not totally funk, but he's influenced hugely by funk). YEah there's alot more, but I really can't think right now.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
I LOVE Funk, but I am either A) Playing it (WOOT!), or B) Listening to it live. Don't own any CDs, funk and jazz in general is just best heard live... it lends itself so much to improv.

*edit* Yurch loves funk, talk to him - he's been getting annoying lately asking for funk stuff :)

Sebu_NZ

Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!
Dec 25, 2000
New Zealand
www.muttonbone.com
Originally posted by BIG_MONKEY_JR
it's seriously one of the best genres ever.

That would be funk and jazz :p! hell yeah!

One idea would be to listen to netradio funk station ever time ya heard a good song record down the name of the artist.

oh and a good song to get:
George Clinton - Play That Funky Music White Boy

:p

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Yup. A bit of old stuff and lots of stuff in the "Influenced by funk" bracket. I was really interested by hip-hop for a while and it sort of carried on from there.

"Ozomatli" and "Young Disciples".

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
Originally posted by BIG_MONKEY_JR
Jamiroquai (not totally funk, but he's influenced hugely by funk)

Jamiroquai are a band, there is no 'he', just the lead singer is more well known than the rest of them

And funk isn't really me

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
Originally posted by Cogo

That's ****ing strange because Jamiroquai is the only person seen, on the interviews, videos and all such things. You suprised me there G-fresh!

It's true, the guy's name is Jay Kay if you're interested

sublime

Cynic
Aug 1, 2000
Texas
www.caffeine-addict.org
nah

I can't understand a damned word that Aussie says most of the time. Oh yeah, and his <a href="http://www.funkstylz.com">web page</a> looks like some raver kid ate some glowsticks and threw up on a monitor!