PDA

View Full Version : numeric control and order

vilehelm
17th Jan 2002, 02:14 PM
Hey all, couple questions

First, after you've added or subtracted or whateverelsed a brush is there a way to manipulate that form you've created numerically? In other words rather than grabing and resizing it manually with the resize brush tool is there a box that i can pop up and enter #s in to change the size of the selected form?

Second and along the same lines, I see that there is a "first to last" function and i assume this is to reorder the creation order of the forms ie. subtracting from an add changing to adding to a subtract. Is there a log or list to call up that has that "timeline"?

ur...ithink that's all for now

thanks

Call me Erdrik
17th Jan 2002, 02:25 PM
1) Right click the desired brush and goto Brush Properties. then There should be a 'brush' section.. its in there.... Scale,(X,Y,Z) and PostScale(X,Y,Z) ithink

2) no idea...

Hourences
17th Jan 2002, 02:29 PM
old game, no such things as timelines

Bot_40
17th Jan 2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by vilehelm
Second and along the same lines, I see that there is a "first to last" function and i assume this is to reorder the creation order of the forms ie. subtracting from an add changing to adding to a subtract. Is there a log or list to call up that has that "timeline"?

Do you mean the order which the brushes are processed? Like brush 1 is a subtracted room, then inside you add a piller. Do you want to make it add the piller, THEN subtract to room? If you do, right click the brush, select order->to first/last.

If you want to change whether a brush is additive or subtractive, right click, CSG->Subractive/additive :)

vilehelm
17th Jan 2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Bot_40

Do you mean the order which the brushes are processed? Like brush 1 is a subtracted room, then inside you add a piller. Do you want to make it add the piller, THEN subtract to room? If you do, right click the brush, select order->to first/last.

Yep, that's what i'm talking about...can it be any more selective than that? there might be times when several elements interact and you may not want to subtract from everything...just one element. that's why i was looking for a timeline of creation or layers or something like that...i'd be surprised if they do have it but you never know...

sorry this is a real hypothetical question so i may not be explaining it that well.

thanks for the input

Bot_40
18th Jan 2002, 07:58 AM
No, there's now way to be more specific about brush ordering. To First and To Last are the only tools you have. You'll just have to make do with them :hmm:
Hopefully more flexible brush ordering will be a feature of UnrealEd 2.6 but don't get yer hopes up.

If you do have a complex area, the only thing to do is to go through each brush and send it to last in the order that you want them to be proccessed. Then you can rebuild, see if there are any mistakes, look at it in wireframe to see which brushes are in the wrong order, try again...repeat :hmm:

Seco_In_The_Bushes
18th Jan 2002, 05:43 PM
Yeah, you can do that. I've found its not worth the trouble often. Its one of the most hellish things to do with Ued. Especially when your rebuild times get lengthy.