homework....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
homework sux! But you have to do it(assumning that you are still in school).
They are time consuming and teachers love to stay home for a day and give the piss poor students LOT OF homework. So they stay at home pretend being sick(do you think they can be soo often sick?) and giving us all that ****. mostly its jsut a waste of time. Do you think the same??

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
I agree Homework is annoying - but it saves us going braindead
AND
Teachers arn't lazy. They spend all the hometime preparing work and marking stuff.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by Shadowlurker
I agree Homework is annoying - but it saves us going braindead
AND
Teachers arn't lazy. They spend all the hometime preparing work and marking stuff.

they ofcourse do! -the good ones.
the bad teachers look into the book mark some exercises and give them to you....

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
/me does most of my homework during free periods (sorry teacher, meant to say STUDY periods ;)) at school. That way I can spend all my free time at home doing more constructive stuff such as posting here.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I think people go to school for a long time, about as long as people go to work. Then you’re supposed to spend even more time working at home. It doesn’t seem right. The thing is, there is just not enough hours in the day to teach you what they want to teach you at school, or that’s what they want you to think, so you get homework. Sometimes there may not be enough time, but if they cut out a lot of the unnecessary stuff, there would be time for you to do the work at school. But the word “unnecessary” is the catch: much of the stuff you learn at school, you’ll never use, so it was unnecessary, but who knows which person is going to need this, and which will need that? So, they have to cover all the bases.

You forget a lot of the stuff you learned while in school, so what’s the point? This question was asked of a professor of mine and here was his reply: You go to school to learn how to learn.

Huh? Well, I see what he means now. You learn which is the best way for you to gather and keep information, You learn which sources to go to find the information, and you learn what is bogus info and what is good info that you’ll actually use.

This is really why you’re in school and doing homework. You find that after awhile, stuff you thought was hard now seems easy. This is because you know how to sort stuff out, and how to cut through all the garbage so you look at things more clearly from your point of view; from the eyes of a person who has learned how to learn.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by QUALTHWAR
I think people go to school for a long time, about as long as people go to work. Then you’re supposed to spend even more time working at home. It doesn’t seem right. The thing is, there is just not enough hours in the day to teach you what they want to teach you at school, or that’s what they want you to think, so you get homework. Sometimes there may not be enough time, but if they cut out a lot of the unnecessary stuff, there would be time for you to do the work at school. But the word “unnecessary” is the catch: much of the stuff you learn at school, you’ll never use, so it was unnecessary, but who knows which person is going to need this, and which will need that? So, they have to cover all the bases.

You forget a lot of the stuff you learned while in school, so what’s the point? This question was asked of a professor of mine and here was his reply: You go to school to learn how to learn.

Huh? Well, I see what he means now. You learn which is the best way for you to gather and keep information, You learn which sources to go to find the information, and you learn what is bogus info and what is good info that you’ll actually use.

This is really why you’re in school and doing homework. You find that after awhile, stuff you thought was hard now seems easy. This is because you know how to sort stuff out, and how to cut through all the garbage so you look at things more clearly from your point of view; from the eyes of a person who has learned how to learn.

yes!!! and a bit of no.
I just feel as if we could do that stuff in school and not at home. I am in high-school now and I believe that most of the students belong into school. they are stupid. and I think we do this homework stuff for them...

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by QUALTHWAR
If i taught, you wouldn't have any homework.

lets take scinece for example(I know you like that).

We are working on some stuff and hey its ok. basics. But why dont we learn something that i actual and present in our world? I am a big fan of history and that stuff interests me but when we talk about science I wantto be up-to date and not back in the time when mr. newton was messing around...

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Its either homework or a longer school day. And I think in germany the school day is much shorter, here it is about 9.00-4.00...

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by Frostblood
Its either homework or a longer school day. And I think in germany the school day is much shorter, here it is about 9.00-4.00...

uh! from 8 o clock till 16 o clock! now its a bit better but still LONG! : /

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
the fact is that any school day is against the grain for kiddie brains... the average attention span is a lot shorter than the 50 and 80 minute class times we had

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by BangOut
the fact is that any school day is against the grain for kiddie brains... the average attention span is a lot shorter than the 50 and 80 minute class times we had

depends on interest. I can after 10 minutes of mathematics sleep and I could do 2 hours history in a row without noticing...

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Originally posted by Balton.de

depends on interest. I can after 10 minutes of mathematics sleep and I could do 2 hours history in a row without noticing...

Other way round for me :)

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Originally posted by Bot_40

Other way round for me :)
Right! Which is why everybody gets a general education. You learn a little of this and a little of that. This gives you a chance to see what interests you, so you can go more in-depth on what you like. But the more "in-depth" stuff comes in college where you can take courses and get a degree in maybe history. (Newton is history.) Even in college, you are expected to come out of there with a well-rounded education. You still have to take crap you don't want to take, but at least you can dig deeper into the stuff you do like. If learning was fun, we'd get a lot more out of education.

GoldenMouse

Mad Hatter
Nov 14, 2001
Backwoods Ohio
Visit site
I can't agree more. I barely understand Calculus, and dislike it quite a bit. On the other hand, learning about the different epochs in the Earth's history, each one in detail, would be wonderful. Too bad we've only briefly touched upon it once, in all my thirteen years at public school.

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
theres a thing.

a whole world and all ya learn about in history classes is your own country.

theres a priority problem there...

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by mister_cope
theres a thing.

a whole world and all ya learn about in history classes is your own country.

theres a priority problem there...

Not true on my side of the channel, although there is a stress on national history of course.