Side scrolling realism platform mod....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

arcanex

teh grinning totem
Sep 28, 2001
How about a remake of Contra? A side scrolling platform game that has quasi-realistic weapons wouldn't be bad, if it's done nicely. And a 4 player coop mode would rock too.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
That could be neat but you're talking about a total total total conversion of UT.

You'd need to use the third person models, and imagine everything you'd have to make.

It would be something possibly better suited for U2 or UT2 seeing as UT will pretty much be on its way out of the mod scene when they hit.

arcanex

teh grinning totem
Sep 28, 2001
Hey, guess what, I have a group of friend that might actually work on something like this. We need some experienced coders and mappers though, not necessarily to work on it, but just to help us learn the stuff we need. Right now we're just experimenting to see if we can even pull this off, but if you're interested in helping us learn (we really don't know much), email me. pbba13@hotmail.com

Pxtl

Lord of the Files
Jan 30, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Well, there's also Abuse

There's a fun 486/Pentium level DOS/Win95 hybrid game called Abuse. Its a damn good sidescroller with a wide weaponspread and excellent graphics (except low-res). Abuse 2.0 has a deathmatch mode with support for up to 8 players. I always bring it to LAN parties and bug my friends to play it. Damn fun game. I want someone to import the JetBoots of Abuse into UT. Anyhoo, that sounds like something a lot like what you're looking for.

I think they opensourced it a while back. The original company "crack dot com" isnt around anymore though.

arcanex

teh grinning totem
Sep 28, 2001
Yeah, that's a fun game. I don't like the controls though; it's like, just weird, not like the side scrollers I've always been used to. But it's still fun, especially when you get trapped in a room with a dozen turrets and a billion aliens going after you. The JetBoots were cool too.

arcanex

teh grinning totem
Sep 28, 2001
Right now, I'm the only one working on it, with a couple other people supposed to be working on maps but they're bogged down by school work. And I'm not too good at either coding or mapping. So it looks like it won't be happening anytime soon and it won't be anywhere as big as Unloaded. We really need some mappers and coders to help us out, if we're ever gonna do this.