comments on mah new site...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Da RicK

Stubid newpie
Apr 26, 2001
Next to Santa
Cool, i like it a lot

If it's your own site, you're a great artist

Ok, comments

i personaly don't like navigation that needs a mouse-over before you know where you're going
I would really like to see a button to turn off the music
And make the pop-ups different

its kinda hard to explain but have a look at this page and click on one of the thumbnails

maybe add a counter for the amount of kB's you've already downloaded
maybe make a html-version without all the animations

and there's something about the robot that just doesnt fit, maybe soft it up a bit or something, i cant exactly say what

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
yea, it's my site alright...100%.

thanks fo' the comments, karp...

the music on/off is coming, just have to figure out a simple way of doin' it (my actionscript skillz are nonexistant)

about the popups...yes, that's the way it was meant to be, but so far it seems that the current server just doesn't allow javascripts (it's on our school's server now), which would allow me to make the windows the size i want to. this will probably change as i switch servers in the near future.

have to think about that Kb's dl'd thingy...it shouldn't be too hard to make.

i'll have to see about the robot...maybe i'll make a completely new one at some point...

thx again.

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
i know the basics of flash, but i cant quite figure out how to make somthing wait for user-action.

i can make buttons play the movie, but i cant figure out how to get multiple streams of action going at once, outside the same set of layes, etc.

Da RicK

Stubid newpie
Apr 26, 2001
Next to Santa
Originally posted by FireSlash
i know the basics of flash, but i cant quite figure out how to make somthing wait for user-action.

i can make buttons play the movie, but i cant figure out how to get multiple streams of action going at once, outside the same set of layes, etc.

ive done the flash tutorial but thats more stuff you need for "flashy" intro's
i don't know stuff like that either :(

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
yeah, well...most ppl who will be seeing it are possible employers. it's meant to promote myself (ahem) on all fronts, as i've done everything there is (ok the typeface isn't mine :D).

...just realized that an on/off music button is fairly hard to do now...

as for what fireslash asked about user-interaction, you'll get quite far with just basic buttons, innovative use of movie clips and the telltarget function...