A few suggestions...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mbs357

olol
Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
What if you could fill the canteens with a little water, and drink it to gain a little stamina? That could help out a lot.
And I heard someone say something about a "beeding system", what about bandages? You guys have probably already thought about that.

converge

Jan 10, 2002
Visit site
I thought about that canteen idea, too. It made sense to me, and it isn't unrealistic - I've never been in battle, but I'm sure it feels great to sit down for a few seconds and have a sip of water.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
But your health should gradually decrease due to lead poisoning, and other harmfull chemicals in the water.

Solution: Have the soldiers bring a Brita water filter and some paper cups :D

converge

Jan 10, 2002
Visit site
haha - very true.

well, i'll say again that i do think this would make a great addition. the more water you drink, the more stamina restored. you can take a single sip for a very small block of stamina or you can drink the whole thing for a much larger return.

it would be very cool, i guess the canteen could work like a weapon, and when "fired" you would start to drink. the longer you hold down the fire button, the longer you drink. etc, etc.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
So I guess that in the heat of battle, you're gonna find a place to hide and drink your canteen of "super water"? Come on people. Where are your heads? All the water in the world won't help your stamina when you're fighting for your life. You're operating mostly on adrenaline then, anyway.

converge

Jan 10, 2002
Visit site
You can easily find a few seconds while on the move to have a drink. and funny you should use the words, the "heat" of battle. Yes, you are on adrenaline, but after all that running, diving, crawling, and sweatting, water would surely hit the spot.

There's nothing unrealistic about it, and whether this is ever implemented or not means little to me, but I do think it would be a nice addition.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Do not consider this a flame, but during a shoot-out or a battle, the last thing you're going to even be thinking about is how thirsty you are. If you even have your canteen still with you, you're mind will be 100% on survival and nothing else.....until the fighting is done.

converge

Jan 10, 2002
Visit site
During a firefight, that is every bit true. With bullets being hurled towards you, the LAST thing on your mind is going to be "phew, I could go for a cool glass of water!"

But when you have a few seconds and you've been sprinting around like mad and you haven't been fired on for a few minutes you might clean out a room, duck behind some cover and take a quick sip, whilst keeping one finger on your trigger.

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
I'll just stand over here and wait to see somebody pack 3 rifles and 10 gallons of water, using the water to replenish their stamina so they can continue to bunny hop with an arsenal on their back...

Then comes the whining: "WATER WHORE!!!"

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
*shakes head*

You try gulping down a mouthful of water after extreme physical exertion(I won't be resposible for this little experiment btw.). There's a reason that most sports instructors warn you not to.

Kaoh

MP_Clan member
Sep 16, 2000
Holland
www.kaoh.nl
Not done

When i drink lots of water my stumach is full and feels full, dont want to run around with a sniper rifle and a machine gun on my back after drinking lots of water.

And in real life no stamina returns from drinking water, it only stills your thirst.
A marathon runner isn't able to run another one after drinking a lots of water, can;t walk at all anymore i might add.

;-)

mbs357

olol
Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
Ok, so how do you get back stamina? I know if I rest a bit Ill get a little more energy.
You guys havent said anything about the bandages.

Kaoh

MP_Clan member
Sep 16, 2000
Holland
www.kaoh.nl
If....

When bleeding really makes you loose stamina (think of bleeding, and getting weaker because of the lack of blood) then bandages whill nice stop that.

Resting is the only whay to get stamina back, or a goos diner, but i don't think you will take time on the battle field to eat ;-)