Bounty Hunters ß4!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What's your favorite weapon as of ß4?

• Railgun

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mini Rockets

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Poison Darts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wrist Blades

• Grappling Hook

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Flame Thrower

• EMP Grenade

• the Rope is dope!

• Total voters

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
ß4! Yay!

VERSION HISTORY:
ß4: Made the darts create a small amount of blood when they hit people so you can tell if you hit them or not.
The railgun now is spot on while crouching, not as good while still, and worst when moving (no difference among running, walking, or rocketing).
The top edge of your visor no longer covers up the message box.
The rocket pack sounds more rocket pack-like.
You get a small speed boost when using the blades again because I realized that the rocket pack isn't very stealthy...
The message box is much simpler now because I thought it looked more fitting that way.
Flame thrower's stream does more damage.
Health is represented by a bar now rather than small text.
Flamethrower's stream is more random looking now.
Finally implemented the targeting computer.
Railgun's trace is longer now (the first one is 10 times longer, and after going through something is twice as long).
The blades and rope now affect your water speed as well as your ground speed.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Rocket pack is a bit dodgy: you need to jump and THEN hit walk+crouch. Otherwise you crouch and burn your jetpack while not going anywhere.

What I'd like to see is a regular UT weapon that lobs shock balls that blow up into combo explosions like the EMP grenades. *just more accurate than the EMP is all, I mean not random trajectories.) That would be neat. :)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
FINALLY some feedback!

Actually, you can still move while using the pack on the ground by looking down. I thought it was kinda cool sliding around, but it's not very useful, so I'm taking it out.
In addition to that, Kangus also wants a new flamer sound, fire that bounces off walls (which I've just done), another way to get rid of fire other than jumping in water (I'm thinking about leting you roll around), a cable for the hook, and having it auto-switch to the blades when you're EMPd. So all that's gonna be in the next version.

More feedback, please!

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
I'm not sure....... better bot support I guess. sometimes they stand there like they're brain dead (of course until you come along then they blow the hell out of you with the railgun ;))

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
It's fun to sneek up on camping bots and stick them with a dart and then just walk away.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
no, once you fire they know you're there. fire and RUN is what I'd say :)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
No, bots don't know when they're hit with the dart because it does no damage. You just need to be away when the poison starts to take effect.

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
some suggestions......

I think B4 is great and it would be even better online. But there is something that i think could make it even better. Since there are both normal offensive weapons and strategitical (bad spelling)weapons. Maybe you could put all offensive weapons and strategitical weapons as different weapons. So you would have weapon 0 that has all the flamethrower,minirockets,railgun,
posion needle and the wrist blade. Then you could make weapon 1 fire only empbomb,grappler and the disabling shot (rope?). You could make them both look the same too so it will look like they are still the same weapon. The reason I wanted that is because sometimes going between the weapons could take a very long time, and most of the time it does so is because there are weapons like the grappler and such that takes up time to cycle through. Now I know that there is a previous funtion for this but I think my way is just a bit faster.

PS: How do I get the bextra3 function to work?

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Postal: Thanks. The flamer's even better in the version I'm working on now.

someguy: It is sent. You can also get them here from now on: http://home.pacbell.net/kockler/smoke.html

q_mi_4_3: Personally, I find switching between weapons much slower than switching between modes. Not to mention almost everything in BH is built around the fact that everyone has the same, single weapon.

PS: I da know, I never actually bound mine. The C4 reload key is extra3, so mine was bound in the UT menu. :eek:

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
Hmmm...

I reckon rolling on the floor should take a few seconds, which you have to stay still(So to speak, you can't walk around), if you need to move, you can, but you stay on fire and have to roll again.
What would happen if you jumped in slime when on fire? A massive explosion perhaps? Or does it already do that? Or will something else happen? What if you try setting slime on fire?
The railgun is my favorate, because it kills instantly and quickly, and it's very accurate. Bots know when they're hit by it, but they can't hurt you, due to their sudden loss of head.:tup:
Mini rockets are ok, but the railgun's more effective.
Flamer doesn't seem to be that powerful to me.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Slime doesn't do anything.
The railgun is inaccurate unless you duck, which is a hassle in a firefight, which is supposed to be its ballance.
The rockets are more rappid and you don't have to duck. Against people, the rockets and railgun seem a bit more ballanced.
The flamer shall be more powerful, then!